Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Urlacher had similar injury/surgery as Jason Taylor in 2004 - back after 2 games

SkinsMaster88

Found a comment on ESPN.com on the Jason Taylor surgery that someone thought it sounded like Urlacher a few years back. I looked up some articles on Google:

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-7183649_ITM

Urlacher sidelined 4-6 weeks after early-morning surgery on calf.

Publication Date: 15-NOV-04

COPYRIGHT 2004 Chicago Tribune

Byline: David Haugh

CHICAGO _ Brian Urlacher took a kick to the calf Sunday that delivered a kick in the teeth to the Chicago Bears' playoff hopes.

Urlacher spent Monday night at Northwestern Memorial Hospital after undergoing surgery in the morning necessitated by internal bleeding in the lower left calf area.

The injury, likely to sideline Urlacher until the Dec. 12 Jacksonville game at the earliest, occurred sometime in the first half of Sunday's 19-17 overtime victory over the Tennessee Titans, but the middle linebacker never missed a play.

He complained to trainers of soreness after the game and conferred with coaches on the team plane home, but went home without considering it a major setback. The news caught so many people...

Rest of article needs subscription, but it sure sounds familiar.

Another ESPN.com article at the time: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1923484

Turns out he came back after missing 2 games. His game back: 8 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 2 PDs, 1 INT for 42 yds against the Vikings on 12/5.

The following season is when he won DPOY.

Not saying that Taylor will be back and be an all-pro, but it depends on how his body heals more than the injury being devastating for the rest of his career. He did come back pretty quick from the knee injury that looked a lot worse than Osi's.

i had the same thing

i was playing soccer in a tournament

kid game in studs up right at my shin, cracked my shinguard straight through, and then dug into the bone (i have indents in my shin that match the blade arrangment on a adidas predator soccer cleat.

needless to say i had a bump the size of a kiwi fruit on my leg. it went down eventually and didn't actually hurt too bad

Archived