Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Digital Camcorders

skinz fan

I bought the Sony DCR-TRV140. Its one of their most basic digital camcorders. I've been very happy with it. Its got a firewire port so I can import footage directly to my laptop if I want to edit. I've got a phillips dvd recorder and I can just attach the camera directly to the recorder and burn a dvd with the touch of a button. This particular camcorder has a regular light, infrared light (for night shooting), and you can also shoot photo stills with it if you so desire. Its got the optional flip-out screen if you prefer to see your composition as you shoot (although that burns major battery time). I'm sure there are more tech savvy guys here that can steer you in other directions and give you a more skilled analysis of analog vs. digital, but personally, I think its worth the extra $$ to go digital. You'll get some good advice here, but don't think you can get a really nice digital camcorder for less than $700-$1000?? Good luck!

Good p[oint Tarhog.

I have the Sony 140 as well and have been very pleased with it. I was a little diappointed with the quality of the stills. My wife, the shutterbug, has a Nikon 35mm, but I finally talked her into a Fuji FinePix 3800 Digital camera. Holy Cow what a difference. Paid about 400 for it, but man does it take fantastic pics

www.buydig.com

Great site for digital cameras

I have the Sony DCR-TVR240. Nice little camera and does all I

need. One thing you need to decide is what you want to do

with your camera and then research features and options.

Got a good deal on mine from Best Buy, which they had $100 rebate at the time as well.

Archived