Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hicks to Challenge in Chicago?

bulldog

I found this somewhat incredible little blurb at KFFL tonight regarding the Bears running back situation. James Allen ran for 1,200 yards last year behind a mostly suspect line with no quarterback and yet the article says Hicks is a threat to start?

I don't believe it...........

Bears | Running Back Notes - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

23:42 PT: The Chicago Tribune reports Chicago Bears RB James Allen is entering training camp with the starting running back title. However, he'll be given stiff competition from RBs Anthony Thomas and Skip Hicks. FB Scott Dragos is currently the team's starting fullback, but he'll have to hold off newcomer Daimon Shelton for the job.

Now there's a ploy to make sure Allen does it again. I agree it hurts the eyes to see the comparison, although Hicks could do better there and fool some of us. If he does break out of the shell and Allen is at full strength, this team would be 2-4 players away on offense and 4 on defense from being the Monsters once again.

I just don't see the signing at this point to be significant with the Bears. Run stopping where they will be playing, will be much more improved and Hicks, just have to prove the previous years, except one, was no fluke.

If he delivers a sub-par year, he's outta' there.

Archived