Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks to Our Allies

Riggo-toni

This is my 2000th post, and I wanted to make it an appropriate so,

Thanks to our allies in Gulf War II

First, thanks to our greatest and most trusted ally, Great Britain. Tony Blair is one of the most courageous, determined leaders in the world today. You can't say enough good things about the Brits.

Secondly, thanks to Kuwait. Granted, they owed us a big one, and they had more interest in seeing Saddam go than we, but they gave us complete support when it mattered, even though the rest of the Arab world rebuked them for it, and they were threatened by missile retaliation from Iraq. Liberated nations aren't always so grateful - look at DeGaulle's France

Finally, thanks to the Kurds. These guys have been loyal US allies since the 70s, and we have tragically screwed them over on several occasions. Yet they have not faltered in their faith in the US, and are agreeing to some unreasonable concessions to keep Turkey from getting their panties in a wad.

Oops - I gotta do an eidt here, cuz I forgot to thank the other 2 countries who sent in troops - Australia (g'day mates!!) and Poland

:cheers:

Now let's hope we can somehow manage the aftermath and create a peaceful democratic state. Most importantly, let's hope our forces pick the right time to leave. It's a long shot, but let's hope (and if you are religiously inclined, pray) that we are planting a strong democratic seed in this turbulent hateful section of the world.

:peace1: :peace1:

Archived