Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to send the UN packing

Jagsbch

I'd say Iraqi people owe us, or will owe us about a half a trillion dollars or so by the time they get put back on their feet: for having liberated them, and the world of the terrorist threat that they could not conquer with their primitive mean's.

Now Having said that, they owe it to us to establish a government that would be compatible with the economy of the United States, by transferring the flow of oil back to the currency of the Dollar rather than the Euro. If that issue can be resolved without to much political fall out, then there wouldn't really be a problem with allowing France, Germany, and Russian to be involved with setting up the New Gov. But that is not likely to happen, so they will more than likely, take a back seat to the process of establishing a new Government, but a front seat to helping rebuild the country itself if they choose; I am sure there will be a few crumbs on the table for these dogs. It appears we are bending over backwards to help mend relations with Russia by honoring their contract for oil with the old regime.

I honestly don't think there will be anything we can do to appease France, now that their head is stuck so far up their arse that they can't even see the light of day. I fear they will be the dollars biggest opponent in this mess to secure our economy, which was one of the biggest issues of the war. We need our currency to be generated by the oil flow of the second largest reserve in the world, and Bush will stop at nothing to insure that, you can count on it. This issue may be the straw that broke the camels back regarding the UN's existence, stay tuned. It is obvious when it comes to UN issues, too many countries have shown with this recent issue of Iraq for example, that humanitarian issues will take a backseat to theirs regardless of the threat to the world, or the tortured, murdered, raped, gassed, starved, cries of a people and a nation. I say we dissolve it and lead, without having to deal with the bureaucratic headaches that come from trying to bring peace and order to the world.

The United States of America, is in essence in itself a United Nation of Nations, when you consider the diversity of the people who live in and run it. The United States of America is more a less an orphanage for abused and neglected people from every nation of the world. It is obvious the authority of the UN is of no consequence, it is now nothing more than a country club for the world’s bureaucrats. I say we turn the building into something more useful, like a homeless shelter for example, and allow the Iraqi UN Ambassador Mohammed Douri to be the first resident.

I can’t tell you how sick I am of seeing all the bureaucratic BS especially in the Arab world, who are trying to turn this liberation into an atrocity. They can’t stand seeing the liberation of the people of Iraq, fearing freedom will be spread to their regions forcing their regimes hand to show all the disinfo that have been breading hate and fear in their Arab world of even liberty itself. The grip on the minds and hearts of the Arab people by these governments have to be crushed, and this war with Iraq was a huge blow. I love seeing the Leaders of the rest of the Arab world try and twist this into a Palestinian/ Israeli issue into the Liberation that is occurring trying to dismiss any positive American sentiment.

The UN is doing more to hurt than help our effort of establishing a positive sentiment all over the world towards America’s cause of freedom and democracy for the world. The government’s involved are seemingly more interested in power over people than in liberating people. This is where we have to draw the line and set ourselves apart from the rest of the pack. We are liberators, you are either with us or against us, and it is obvious where the UN stands therefore I propose we turn the UN building into a homeless shelter, and send these wolves in sheep clothing packing.

Kofi Anan is a puppet on a string, and the sad thing is, it is not a humanitarian at the other end of the string. I mean do you see anyone in the UN celebrating the liberation of Iraq? NO they are still playing the US is out of control card. They have to go...Now!!!!!!!!!

The Iraqi people owe us something? Are you that stupid? The Iraqi people never asked us to come and liberate them in the first place. Hell, this war originally didn't start with plans of "liberating" the Iraqi people. You should get with the program before blurting out these ridiculously stupid things.

Deny their liberation focus on all the ulterior motive's all you like, but Bottom line Liberation is what our soldiers are fighting for. The Liberation of the Iraqi people and the World of this terrorizing regime. It doesn't surprise me to see people neglecting the reality of this war's biggest impact , what surprises me is the amount of people doing it. Their hatred for the US, feed's only on any negative aspect they can find regarding this war, rather than the biggest aspect of all.

A nation liberated from the terror of Saddam. This liberation is so powerful, that it has yet to set in on some brainwashed people seeing it on TV, who have been so brainwashed by their governments they can't even believe their eye's. Some in these repressed countries have even gone as far to say tat this is a Hollywood stunt. They just can't dream that something so wonderful can be true. Well Believe it. The people are liberated, and are kissing our troops; Iraqi men Kissing American and British soldier’s men Iraq's waving the American Flag. Keep your eye on the Ball, the People of Iraq are Liberated and they love it. Two bird’s with one stone, Liberate a people and save an economy, does it get any better than that? What the hell is wrong with it. You’d rather they be oppressed by the evil. Wake UP, USA, Freedom, and Liberty Rule’s in Iraq and the People of Iraq Love it. Right now That is the Vote that counts.

Ok, I'm right. You are a complete tool. Listen, its great that these people are liberated. But, if you think we're only over there to liberate the Iraqi people, you are just as brainwashed as they are. You didn't even respond to what my initial post was about. So you must've realized that the Iraqi people owe us nothing. Right? Well, maybe if things work out for them, maybe a thank you. But thats about it.

Oh and by the way, its alterior. Not ulterior.

Originally posted by phishhead

Oh and by the way, its alterior. Not ulterior.

Actually, it's ulterior, not alterior....

Anyway...

If at the end of the day we come out thinking the Iraqis owe us everything and try to manipulate policy Iraqi policy to our benefit, we then become what the Arab world accuses us of - being conquerors/occupiers, and not true liberators. When we rid Europe of the Nazi scourge, we did not demand any sort of recompense from the liberated nations. Instead, we ignored all war debts and provided billions of dollars in aid through the Marshall Plan.

The problem with UN involvement, as I stated in a thread which everyone seemed to ignore, is not something so petty as to whom the Iraqis owe for their liberation. The problem with UN involvement is that there are numerous parties within the UN who have a vested interest in seeing that a democratic state in Iraq never emerges.

A peaceful, prosperous democratic Iraq that respects the rights of all its ethnic minorities would be the greatest US foreign policy success since the collapse of communism. That is no exaggeration. It will go a long way towards deflating the criticism that the US opposes Arab democracy and only props up dictatorships. That, I believe, was our primary objective in this war. WMD was just a lot easier to sell to critics and the public.

Look not that I expect them to pay us back, I was just trying to imply the actual cost for us to liberate them, not to mention the American lives. This was my angle for them to Highly consider allowing the Dollar rather than the Euro in generating their economy as well as ours, it would be a double win. Anybody thinking that the Iraqi people did not ask for us to save them, then they must be deaf to what is going on in the street's of Iraq as well as America by Iraqis. How many Iraqi people have to as before it is the people of Iraq asking for our help, 1, 2, 3 what?

The Iraqi people did ask!!!!! They came all the way over here to the US to ask. So wake up phishhead. They do owe, Freedom comes at a price it is not free, we shed our blood for it, the least they can do is show respect and take on the Dollar rather than the EURO when the oil starts flowing. Forgive me for not being so politically correct.

Why shouldn't we expect them to pay us back, sense they are sitting on top of the second largest oil reserve in the world? How can we help them when we are broke, and not expect anything back in return? Whats the big deal with allowing them to get deeper in our pocket, and expect them to pay us back, when they have the mean's too later down the road?? I mean just look what they are sitting on!!!! Just a thought that crossed my mind. Indeed they have the potential to be one of the greatest nations in the world, with the power under their feet in the reserve. If they take care of us, the sky is the limit for Iraq.

Originally posted by phishhead

The Iraqi people owe us something? Are you that stupid? The Iraqi people never asked us to come and liberate them in the first place. Hell, this war originally didn't start with plans of "liberating" the Iraqi people. You should get with the program before blurting out these ridiculously stupid things.

So he can't speak on behalf of the Iraqi people but you can???? The truth of the matter is, MANY Iraqi people were BEGGING us to liberate them. If you were in Dearborn, Michigan about 6 weeks ago, you would have been able to speak with many Iraqis who wanted for the US to go in and liberate them from this regime and free family memeber that they had back at home in Iraq. Of course the Iraqis living in Iraq would not have been allowed to say such things and I think it is pretty clear why that is. As much as you might want to spuot off Rage Against the Machine conspiriacy theories about the citizens of Iraq portrayed on TV being paid by the Bush administration, etc. it is not the case. What our military has done there is a noble thing and you can't deny it unless you have your head in the sand.

Archived