Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If I could write Zorn's Pre-Game Speech...

armada58

Disrespected.... Passed Over.... Forgotten.... The New York Giants have been yapping on and on all pre-season about these things. They're the ones who have been crying about being "disrespected" because the media doesn't have them ranked as the best team in the league despite winning the Super Bowl. The men in blue on the other sideline have been talking about the lack of respect their getting because the talking heads have been touting Dallas instead of them. They feel slighted because they are the defending champs and haven't been getting the accolades they feel they deserve. The media ranks them 5th, 6th, 8th, Top 5, Top 10 and they view it as an insult.

I want to puke. Who do they think they are? You want to know about disrespect? Here's a lesson in disrespect!!

I'm looking at a playoff team from last year that's returning 21 of 22 starters. Where do you think people are picking us right now?? HOW ABOUT 25th!!! (slaps CBS Sportsline Rankings on the bulletin board) How much "RESPECT" is the talent in this room getting?? Well, we're so highly thought of that every major media outfit has picked us to finish dead last in this division! (slaps Sports Illustrated predictions and a few others on the bulletin board) Disrespected?? Who the hell are The Giants kidding here?? Our God Damn PUNTER got disrespected by the guy he beat out!

Apparently surviving massive injuries and team tragedy to make the playoffs isn't worth any respect these days. When that same team returns the next year and gets shoved to the bottom of the league before one meaningful snap of the football, that's what I call disrespect. Despite all of that The Giants are the ones who have the audacity to play the Disrespect Card.

Well, this is it. This is the real thing. This counts. This team isn't going to have anything handed to it. It's going to have to go out and take everything. You have to take your yards and catches. You have to take your TD's. You have to take your sacks and your tackles. EVERYTHING!! The team on the other sideline thinks they are owed respect. They think this game is owed to them. They want to act disrespected because they aren't being given anything. Not this team. This group is going to take it. You're going to have to take your respect.

We have to go out there tonight and look that team in the eye, punch them in the mouth, and take what we want. Take what is ours. Becuase nobody is going to give it to you. Disrespect?? Who the **** are they kidding. There's 53 men in this room who haven't been handed one bit of respect from anybody and it's time to make everybody else pay for that.

(Had to share those thoughts. I can't believe The Giants are playing the disrespect card. Anyway, I'm just so pumped I can't contain myself. Football is BACK!! My Redskins are back!! Lets tee it up!!)

Archived