Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Operation Iraqi Freedom: The Movie

Skins24

2 years?

3?

How long before the first movie (or even video game) about this war (that "Hollywood" hates apparently) comes out?

the diplmacy and debates that went on in the administration and UN

the war protesters

michael moore

the preperations

the strike against saddam

the ride into Iraq

shock and awe

the ambush

Jessica's rescue

the storm into Baghdad

the inevitable victory

I know war is horrible and real people die, but you have the makings of a pretty good movie whenever they do make one....

To be honest, hopefully never. Of course, there would be mindless folks out there who would hand over the dough to play the game, or watch the movie.

So, I suppose your right. Some as*hole is going to make millions of dollars off of this.

Oh, to be sure, there'll eventually be movies made about this war as well as the Afghanistan War. I just wonder how Hollywood will handle them.

Will they give us pro-American war movies like they did in the '40s, '50s, and '60s? In other words, will they give us movies about the nobility and honor of our generals and servicemen, and the righteousness of their fight in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Or will the cynical terminal loop of the Vietnam Syndrome (which Hollywood's been stuck in since the late '70s) continue? In other words, will they continue to give us movies where our generals are, at best, aloof and incompetent and, at worst, corrupt; where our servicemen are, at best, helpless pawns in the pointless, bloody games of their commanders and, at worst, mindless belligerents; where their fight is, at best, unwise and, at worst, unjust?

I'm hopeful of the former, but bracing for the latter.

Archived