Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets Receivers = Clifford Franklin

Hubbs

Watching the game Saturday night, I couldn't help but be reminded of a certain character in The Replacements every time New York threw the ball:

orlando.jpg

Now, I'm higher on the Jets than most seem to be. I had them as a sleeper team before they traded for Favre, and now think they have a fantastic chance to make noise in the AFC playoffs. Along those lines, I've also been more interested than most in Jets players when it comes to fantasy football - but Saturday's game has me legitimately worried that the Jets could rob themselves of a significant number of yards and points by simply not executing fundamentals. Are there any New Yorkers out there who have seen more of the Jets this preseason? Is there a lot of anxiety about their ability to do the simple things right?

• 2 weeks later...
.........:rolleyes::dunce::jetssuck:

Damn, you guys are harsh. I think this is a pretty legitimate topic for ATN. As to the OP's sentiments. I think the Jets have little if any reciever depth behind Coles. Cotchery (spelling?).....I'm not sold on him. He has caught a good number of touchdowns in the past, and their rookie tight end they took in the first wasn't even the most talented. I like Fred Davis much better. However, with Favre's tendency to throw deep, I expect the running game to open up for Thomas Jones. If the Jets can play good defense they can earn a wild-card berth easily. Dolphins and Buff twice!?!?!? I can only dream that the Redskins will ever have it that easy.

Damn, you guys are harsh. I think this is a pretty legitimate topic for ATN. As to the OP's sentiments. I think the Jets have little if any reciever depth behind Coles. Cotchery (spelling?).....I'm not sold on him. He has caught a good number of touchdowns in the past, and their rookie tight end they took in the first wasn't even the most talented. I like Fred Davis much better. However, with Favre's tendency to throw deep, I expect the running game to open up for Thomas Jones. If the Jets can play good defense they can earn a wild-card berth easily. Dolphins and Buff twice!?!?!? I can only dream that the Redskins will ever have it that easy.

He's talking about WR's and their lack of fundamentals. I just don't get his entire post. First he talks about fantasy football and how many yards/points are being left off the board and then gets into whether or not their WR's can catch the ball. Coles and Cotchery are more than capable. Each had over 80catches last season with 3 different QB's and their starting TE Chris Baker was a threat. My biggest question was, I didn't know what direction he was going in with the conversation. I wasn't trying to be harsh, but things have to make sense for people to respond.

Actually, the Jets are a team I pegged as well. It wasn't so much the Favre acquisition as the Alan Faneca one. The left side of their line is ridiculous now...Ferguson...Faneca...Mangold. Jones should find plenty of running room going that way. I don't know how great the right side is, but Damien Woody has plenty of experience, and Brandon Moore has started all 16 games the past three seasons. That team should have no trouble finishing 2nd in the AFC East, and might be able to get a wildcard berth if Favre doesn't **** the bed.

I like Coles and Cotchery in both real and fantasy football. Cotchery is actually a guy I'm hoping to snag in the later rounds of my fantasy draft now that Favre is on board. He is a fantastic deep threat and I think Favre is going to be threading the needle to him a few times a game.

Archived