Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins fans break record

Lar0n Landry

[/url]sorry if already posted. the search feature isn't working for me.

July 26, 2008 5:59 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley I just received word that 28,000 people participated in Fan Appreciation Day at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Va. earlier today. It broke the previous record of 25,000 that was set four years ago.

It's pretty amazing that you can draw that type crowd even though you don't have seating. Redskins fans began lining up outside the facility before sunset. And as Peter King wrote earlier this week, Washington fans do a great job of memorizing and analyzing the team's roster.

I'll be at Redskins Park Aug. 4-6, so let me know what you're dying to find out. And keep using the mailbag. Great questions so far.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast

My brother and I were gonna go today, but we decided to skip the huge crowd. Looks like that was a smart choice. I think we're gonna go tomorrow instead. I don't really care about the gimmicks and free sunscreen giveaways, I just want to see Jason throw and the WRs run routes.

Although sinceThomas and now Kelly have hamstring injuries, looks like we may miss them... :(

Yeh, I try to avoid "fan appreciation day" as a result. While it seems like they have slightly more activities going on, for the most part, it seems to be just an overly crowded time thats horribly organized.

2 years ago I went on the opening day of training camp, still had an opportunity to get some major autographs, and it didn't feel crowded.

Archived