Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

geraldo rivera's been kicked out

jaydean

geraldo rivera's been kicked out of iraq by our senior military leaders. they said that he has given "complete directions" on tv as to where we were headed and what we were doing. i'm glad he was kicked out. geraldo rivera is the "jerry springer" of the news networks. he's more worried about shock stories than the truth. i've never liked that guy. of course, if you're going to kick out geraldo for being a big stupid idiot who gives too muc information, then you'd have to kick out half the reporters. i think the media has gone way....way....way....way...way...way too far this time in giving out information. (and i'm in the media)

what do you guys and girls think?

We've talked about this already today. Let me say that from what I saw, I couldn't believe the idiot was allowed to continue. It wouldn't surprise me if he were tossed out. However, there is a circulating rumor that, in fact, he's not been tossed out and the story may have been deflection over the Arnett termination. I don't know which it is. Personally, I'd have thrown him out of Iraq. I'm not sure if that actually happened though.

I'm not a Geraldo fan by any stretch, but he and Fox are vehemently denying this report and are attributing it to rival networks CNN and MSNBC. I don't know what to make of it yet.

I will say that while he's a big cheerleader for the military, I wouldn't put this past him. He's always been all about Geraldo, and I could see him doing this to try to spice up his breathless reporting like he always does.

Frankly, if he was going to be canned by Fox it should have happened after the infamous and false "hallowed ground" out of Afghanistan over a year ago.

I have watched the war extensively on Fox and saw Geraldo drawing a tactical map in the sand the night before he got in trouble. Although I thought at the time it was going to get him in trouble with the public -- and I was right -- to be honest, however, I did not see anything he described that was not already known by me or someone with a military background or who has followed the war extensively. A number of the retired generals on all the cable news programs, had pretty much described the same tactics as outlined by Geraldo.

It was probably not good judgment on his part, because Geraldo was in the field with the 101st and seemed to be speaking with "authority," whereas the other retired generals were back in the studios. I just think that Geraldo forgot and got carried away in the excitement of the setting and times. Geraldo is very pro-America and complimentary of our brave men fighting for us, and I don't find anything wrong with that. Personally, I would not have fired Geraldo over what he did -- although I might have warned him about it -- and would definitely not put him in the same class as that sleeze-bag Peter Arnett. :D

Apparently Fox and the DoD have agreed to not expel him under the condition that he leaves for Kuwait. I saw that this morning on cnn's web site. So technically he isn't getting expelled but he is no longer welcome to ride with troops in Iraq.

Archived