Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(I got beat,merge) per JLC-Taylor is rumor'd to have extended his contact by 1 year

chow184

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/07/one_day_later.html

Jason La Canfora reports that the Dolphins have already paid the $500,000 roster bonus that Jason Taylor was owed, leaving the Redskins with a $7.5 million base salary. Vinny Cerrato said twice yesterday that the Redskins had made no alterations to Taylor's contract, but several league sources said they believe the Redskins have in fact reworked the contract to lower his cap figure. That would normally include adding a year to the deal as well. Cerrato made several on-the-record comments Sunday that have been contradicted by others, so we'll see if Taylor's contract does indeed change when he passes his physical and officially becomes a Redskin.

I would like this very much if it's true.

I don't want Taylor getting a brand new jumbo contract,he's already on schedule to earn 16.5 million from the redskins over the next 2 years.

if he does get a new contract I'd like it to be like TO's contract, which is basically a series of 1 year deals that protects the team from any stupid move by the player.

Archived