Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about training camp reporting date?

rdskns n 05

I noticed on NFl.com that we are reporting to camp before anyone else when it comes to rookies and vets. The Jets have rookies reporting on July16th and we have our whole team reporting at July 19th. I always noticed with Gibbs that we were one of the last to start camp. It this because he wieghed the off season programed more and used more days on that, or is it something I am missing? I thought there was a tie between ota's or mini camps and training camp. Anyone got any info? http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d808c6eae&template=with-video&confirm=true

I am pretty sure it doesn't matter when you open training camp, all teams practice play for the same amount of time. I could be wrong though.

I know when I played ball in highschool we have a official start of the season and you could start practicing, the only thing I could remember is that we had to have a minimum number of practices w/out pads for we got into pads. Just wondering if they had a certain amount of time they were alloted to practice, if ota's, mini camp, and other practices took away from training camp?

We are starting earlier than everyone else because we are playing in the Hall Of Fame game in Canton. Gibbs first year back we also started earlier than everyone else.. why? because we played in the HOF game that year as well.

We are starting earlier than everyone else because we are playing in the Hall Of Fame game in Canton. Gibbs first year back we also started earlier than everyone else.. why? because we played in the HOF game that year as well.

There has to be something else...The Jets are not playing in the game and they are reporting earlier than us and the Colts aren't reporting until July 24th.

just cause they are reporting early for the jets does not mean they are necessarily practicing. because we have a new coach we get extra OTA practices and yes because we have the hall of fame game we get to actually practice earlier then other teams and because we have our first game on a Thursday that effects our training camp as well....if you dont like what i am saying and dont agree then go call vinny.

This is the reason.

Side note, you give the reason, and the OP says.....no.....must be something else.

Made me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

just cause they are reporting early for the jets does not mean they are necessarily practicing. because we have a new coach we get extra OTA practices and yes because we have the hall of fame game we get to actually practice earlier then other teams and because we have our first game on a Thursday that effects our training camp as well....if you dont like what i am saying and dont agree then go call vinny.

Look, it is a question you dont have to be a smart #ss about it. I guess you have a explaination or proof on why the Colts dont report until late do you?

Archived