Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TSN: Portis tidbit

bubba9497

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=426870

Click link for entire article

Redskins RB Clinton Portis has had one of his best offseasons since he came into the league in 2002. But the real test will be training camp. His disdain for practice has annoyed teammates in the past. If he takes part in every workout and does so without complaint, he'll win new respect from coaches and teammates.

His disdain for practice has also gotten him off to slow starts in the past.

I liked his enthusiasm during OTAs and i liked that he was consciencious about being a leader. Maybe the "relaxed" atmosphere under Zorn is more inviting to him? Hope he keeps it up during camp.

More of what i like to hear. Ya know, there has been a lot of crabbing and complaining about this past offseason. We didnt do what we needed to do to address this need or that, ect. As much as I didnt think i would like what we have done so far this offseason, I actually am very pleased. We didnt hire a head coach from within, but we kept the stability. We lost like three players, Lloyd being one of them, and retained all of our starters and almost the entire team actually. We have guys getting healthy, and what seems to be a genuine respect for our new coach from our team. We didnt overpay for a Vet reciever, and we had a full draft. This offseason ahas been about healing our team from within, instead of creating a new team with FA's from the outside. This is the continuity we thought or assumed we would have under Gibbs, but instead it is under Zorn. It really incinuates (to me) the level of strife between the FO and the coaching stafff, and even between just the coaching staff, under Gibbs. Its a new dawn, its a new day.

We talkin 'bout practice!

Portis should get more reps in the Pre-Season and in practice to get a real feel for this new offense but I can't blame him, considering his past injuries, for being hesitant.

Injuries can come at any time and the only way to avoid them is to be in the best shape you can, work out as much as possible which is what the FO explanined to Clinton is that if busts his butt in the summer time injuries are much less likely to come at any time and yardage comes easier.

No player should be hesitant because that is when you get hurt. He's gotta Man -Up and play with the heart of a champion

Injuries can come at any time and the only way to avoid them is to be in the best shape you can, work out as much as possible which is what the FO explanined to Clinton is that if busts his butt in the summer time injuries are much less likely to come at any time and yardage comes easier.

No player should be hesitant because that is when you get hurt. He's gotta Man -Up and play with the heart of a champion

I said I can't blame him for being hesitant, never said he shouldn't man-up.

Portis needs to be in there but I want to see Betts get a good portion of the carries also, see if we can really get the two back system working.

Portis goes all-out when he's on the field, running/blocking/tackling, and thats great to see but sometimes in pre-season its better to just wrap the guy up who made the INT--not worth the injury.

Archived