Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art Monk & Darrell Green signing autographs CHEAP - giving back to the fans

Slingin33

I see that the $25 includes autographs from both... any idea if we are allowed to bring our own stuff in or do we have to by their 281 merchandise? Also, do you think they'd be willing to write "HOF '08" underneath?

Either way, it is a great bargin. I think only the hard core collectors will go to the csa show and spend the big bucks. The fans will just do these. This is important to remember for all of the people who were angry about the pricing of the chantilly event.

Either way, it is a great bargin. I think only the hard core collectors will go to the csa show and spend the big bucks. The fans will just do these. This is important to remember for all of the people who were angry about the pricing of the chantilly event.

Don't be fooled. This is no bargain. You have to buy their items which are allowed to be autographed. You wont get any bargains there on helmets, jerseys, etc.

Only what you buy at the show, no bring your own. There are no free rides, change the thread title.

Why? $25 for both guys autograph, instead of $150 each ($300 total). That is cheap. I am sure they will have photos, footballs etc for sale. The money also goes to their charity instead of a promoters pocket.

Edit (read more about the causes): http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=35804

Why? $25 for both guys autograph, instead of $150 each ($300 total). That is cheap. I am sure they will have photos, footballs etc for sale. The money also goes to their charity instead of a promoters pocket.

Edit (read more about the causes): http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=35804

I doubt they will have a cheap photo. But attend and let me know.

BTW, I don't complain about the prices they charge. I would be SHOCKED if Green is signing a $5 photo, or a $20 mini helmet. I would be willing to bet the items are priced accordingly.

I doubt they will have a cheap photo. But attend and let me know.

BTW, I don't complain about the prices they charge. I would be SHOCKED if Green is signing a $5 photo, or a $20 mini helmet. I would be willing to bet the items are priced accordingly.

Second to the last time I got Monk's autograph it was a similar deal... the photo's were $5 bucks and you could buy several and get them signed. Many people complained because of how high the prices were at the Chantilly show.... this will give those people the option of something else.

For the hardcore collectors who want a hall of fame helmet or some other "project" done, they can go to the big show. This is just a less expensive option for the general public and a chance to help out some good causes.

This is just a way to control what merchandise is out there. They don't want to sign jerseys or certain cards and what not. I am sorry, but if I am spending 150 bucks on a premium item you should be allowed to have whatever you want signed, signed. I thought that at those "Gala" dinners it was like 2,500 a plate or something outrageous. If that is the case and then they are charging money on top of that that is just plain a slap in the face. If you can afford 2,500 a plate, then god bless you, but it isn't what I would spend my money on.

This is just a way to control what merchandise is out there. They don't want to sign jerseys or certain cards and what not. I am sorry, but if I am spending 150 bucks on a premium item you should be allowed to have whatever you want signed, signed. I thought that at those "Gala" dinners it was like 2,500 a plate or something outrageous. If that is the case and then they are charging money on top of that that is just plain a slap in the face. If you can afford 2,500 a plate, then god bless you, but it isn't what I would spend my money on.

Those gala's are only really for a very few.. especially at those numbers.

Many people have been on this site complaining about how much Green and Monk are charging at the big shows... here is a way around that and help a good cause... what more could you want?

Those gala's are only really for a very few.. especially at those numbers.

Many people have been on this site complaining about how much Green and Monk are charging at the big shows... here is a way around that and help a good cause... what more could you want?

Well you could have gotten Green for free at the auto show.

I collect autographed stuff, but I could care less to have his signature on a napkin, or a free picture. I get the autographs for display, I have a green signed 70th jersey, monk/redskins signed team full size helmet, etc.

I would be interested in what you can buy at these shows and what they charge. If it's a cheap photo like they offer at the car show, no thanks.

If you go let me know what they had to sign and for what price.

I am also curious how many people they can service and whether or not you are guaranteed a Monk AND a Green for one ticket. I bet they don't.

Well you could have gotten Green for free at the auto show.

I collect autographed stuff, but I could care less to have his signature on a napkin, or a free picture. I get the autographs for display, I have a green signed 70th jersey, monk/redskins signed team full size helmet, etc.

I would be interested in what you can buy at these shows and what they charge. If it's a cheap photo like they offer at the car show, no thanks.

If you go let me know what they had to sign and for what price.

I am also curious how many people they can service and whether or not you are guaranteed a Monk AND a Green for one ticket. I bet they don't.

Well, my original point with this thread was many people were upset about the pricing on Green and Monk (and rightly so)... most people felt the two were forgetting their fan base. At least with these events, you can't say that anymore.

I may be tempted to go to one of the shows just to see what they have but based on my opinion all they may have at one of their shows is the 281 merch to sign since you can buy it signed on their website with more then the show claims, but as stated it could be fun so who knows, but I will be at Chantilly and plan on having a good time

I may be tempted to go to one of the shows just to see what they have but based on my opinion all they may have at one of their shows is the 281 merch to sign since you can buy it signed on their website with more then the show claims, but as stated it could be fun so who knows, but I will be at Chantilly and plan on having a good time

Someone put in another thread that when Art Monk did the signing last December in Richmond with Bruce Smith... that they were selling footballs with the Redskin logo for $25 and you could get the autograph for free. I would not be surprised to see the same sort of thing at these events.

I would have seriously considered doing this, but being that they will only allow you to get things autographed that they are selling isn't what I necessarily want. I am going to the Chantilly show and getting a picture of Art Monk signed. It is a picture of the whole posse. I will also end up getting a Ricky Sanders signature. I am hoping that they add Gary Clark as well to Chantilly. I just don't want to drive all that way and then only have them sign things that they sell.

I may have an idea what their pricing might be. The site says that an autograph will be included with items you buy from them, but does not list pricing. If you go to the site, you can order clothing merchandise. If you want it signed, it will be an extra $75 for Monk or Green, or $150 for both. That being said, I would guess that a mini helmet would cost in the neighborhood of $175ish. Let's not forget that the whole purpose of these events is to raise money for their foundations. If you are a Skins fan, it will be a great way to spend the day regardless.

Now, my whole pricing theory could be completly wrong... :doh: :laugh:

I may have an idea what their pricing might be. The site says that an autograph will be included with items you buy from them, but does not list pricing. If you go to the site, you can order clothing merchandise. If you want it signed, it will be an extra $75 for Monk or Greene, or $150 for both. That being said, I would guess that a mini helmet would cost in the neighborhood of $175ish. Let's not forget that the whole purpose of these events is to raise money for their foundations. If you are a Skins fan, it will be a great way to spend the day regardless.

Now, my whole pricing theory could be completly wrong... :doh: :laugh:

I would be suprised if your correct... it does specifically say autographs are included in the admission price. When Art Monk and Bruce Smith did a signing last December in Richmond, they had Redskin footballs for sale for $25. I would imagine you will find things like that while you are at the event.

I would be suprised if your correct... it does specifically say autographs are included in the admission price. When Art Monk and Bruce Smith did a signing last December in Richmond, they had Redskin footballs for sale for $25. I would imagine you will find things like that while you are at the event.

You are absolutely right...it does say that. But it also says "on items purchased at tour event". I'm not exactly sure what that means as far as pricing. A mini helmet typically costs around $20-25. Do you think they will be selling them for that amount? I hope so...but doubt it. Maybe somewhere in the middle (less than $100 and I would be very happy).

As for the Circuit City signing...I was there, and it was very cool. There were a couple of things to note though. Art Monk would only sign the footballs that were provided by Circuit City. Also, they weren't signing for free. Circuit City paid them a FAT wad of cash to do the signing. So, in effect it was free for the fans, not for Art Monk and Bruce Smith.

I also read this on their site :The Route 281: Hall of Fame: Road to Canton Tour and Events are an opportunity that is rare for you the fan. A chance to meet Darrell Green and Art Monk, but more importantly, give to the foundations that they care for so much. Now, I completely respect this. This is the perfect chance to parlay their inductions into big money for their foundations (who can blame them for that).

As for expecting autographs from both of them for only the price of admission, I guess I have become jaded. I think the days of "doing it for the fans" are over. Autographs have turned into a full fledged business. I happen to enjoy my Redskins autographs, so I guess I support that business, expensive as it may be. Even if you are paying $75 per autograph (after product price markup), that is still less than you will get them anywhere else at this point in time.

Again, hopefully I am wrong. As for the CSA shows...I love them. I have gotten to meet so many of my Redskins favorites there.

You are absolutely right...it does say that. But it also says "on items purchased at tour event". I'm not exactly sure what that means as far as pricing. A mini helmet typically costs around $20-25. Do you think they will be selling them for that amount? I hope so...but doubt it. Maybe somewhere in the middle (less than $100 and I would be very happy).

As for the Circuit City signing...I was there, and it was very cool. There were a couple of things to note though. Art Monk would only sign the footballs that were provided by Circuit City. Also, they weren't signing for free. Circuit City paid them a FAT wad of cash to do the signing. So, in effect it was free for the fans, not for Art Monk and Bruce Smith.

I also read this on their site :The Route 281: Hall of Fame: Road to Canton Tour and Events are an opportunity that is rare for you the fan. A chance to meet Darrell Green and Art Monk, but more importantly, give to the foundations that they care for so much. Now, I completely respect this. This is the perfect chance to parlay their inductions into big money for their foundations (who can blame them for that).

As for expecting autographs from both of them for only the price of admission, I guess I have become jaded. I think the days of "doing it for the fans" are over. Autographs have turned into a full fledged business. I happen to enjoy my Redskins autographs, so I guess I support that business, expensive as it may be. Even if you are paying $75 per autograph (after product price markup), that is still less than you will get them anywhere else at this point in time.

Again, hopefully I am wrong. As for the CSA shows...I love them. I have gotten to meet so many of my Redskins favorites there.

I agree the CSA shows are great. My thoughts are this... even if the money is equal, would you rather have your money go to a show promoters pocket, or to an oganization(s) that help kids that can really use the help?:2cents:

I agree the CSA shows are great. My thoughts are this... even if the money is equal, would you rather have your money go to a show promoters pocket, or to an oganization(s) that help kids that can really use the help?:2cents:

No question, their foundations are worthy causes. Unfortunately, doesn't help me get my "Posse" poster signed :laugh: :silly:

No question, their foundations are worthy causes. Unfortunately, doesn't help me get my "Posse" poster signed :laugh: :silly:

Yup, for a particular item a collector is working on, CSA is definately a way to go... but the simple fan would be happier at the Route 281 event.

Okay, I did not get a response to my email, so I called DG Enterprises. Here is the scoop: They will have t-shirts, polo shirts, and route 281 footballs at this weekends event (and maybe one or two other items already listed on their site).

Pricing will be:

Route 281 football w/ Monk and Green autograph-$75

Route 281 polo w/ Monk and Green autograph-$50

Route 281 tshirt w/ Monk and Green autograph-$30

There will be no photos, mini helmets, or any other non Route 281 merchandise available and they will not sign items that are not purchased at the event. The other Redskins that are appearing will not be signing autographs (but you will be able to meet them). The lady that I spoke with was very nice and seemed to know what she was talking about.

So, here is my take on this. The signed football is a super deal that you can't beat, and I will gladly purchase one for my collection. It seems to be the best way to celebrate two of our favorite players being inducted into the HOF. I really don't care for the autographed tshirt or polo, but thats just me.

If you want Route 281 merchandise (I want the football), this is the place to go. If you want anything else, CSA is the place.

Archived