Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WHo has Worked/traveled abroad.

WVUforREDSKINS

I've worked in Germany for a short period of time, and Saudi Arabia for about a year for the lead up and through the military phase of the Iraq war. I've also worked in half a dozen US cities as a road warrior. Chicago, Boston, Ann Arbor, San Fran, and Fort Smith.

I spent a semester in New Zealand a few years ago. I met tons of Americans who were there on a "working holiday." Basically it's a visa you can get for some number of months and there are plenty of jobs in touristy areas. I studied abroad through AustraLearn. THey have programs in Aus, NZ, and Fiji - in addition to undergrad, they have grad school programs and internship programs.

I believe the NZ embassy in DC is actually having an info session about travelling/working there sometime this month. YOu might get in touch with them to see if there's still space open to attend.

:cheers:

My dad was like "how will this help your career?" I said **** the career.

I think this will definitely help you career. Understanding of other cultures is very important in business. I have an actual line item on my resume for travel.

I go to Ireland at least once a year and have traveled extensively throughout Europe and Latin America including 3 months of studying in Cuba. I also did a year abroad in England.

I think its a great opportunity. You should see the world while you can...

What other programs do you all know of (outside BUNAC) that you've either experienced or heard good things about?

If you're at all interested in Asia, there are tons of programs that let you teach English in China, South Korea, etc. I know people who have done this and loved it, unfortunately I don't know the organizations they worked through. I'm sure with a little research you could find several options for this kind of work.

Archived