Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ipod/Itunes/Windows problem

EersSkins05

First, let me say I'm not all that technologically savvy. (You'll discover that shortly.)

About 4 days ago, as I was loading my profile on my pc at home (my wife has a profile too), a message popped up saying that there were errors in loading my profile, and that I'd need to restart. I tried again after restarting, and while my profile NAME still existed at the startup screen, once I clicked on it, everything booted up like a blank slate. I had no background, no "my documents", no pictures, and now most importantly, no itunes folder.

EDIT- I should note that recently, my pc has warned me that I was extremely low on disc space, and had less than a gig of unused memory.

I've been trying to figure out what happened, but I haven't been able to. And talking to Dell on the phone is about as pleasant as repeatedly stabbing myself in the face with a fork.

I had hoped that worst-case scenario, I could just keep the contents of my ipod and sync in only newly downloaded content, but it's told me that because my ipod is synced with my other, recently deleted itunes library, I only have the option of erasing everything and syncing with a blank slate, or transferring that which I have downloaded from itunes to the new library.

I've literally put MONTHS of work in my spare time into building my music collection into my ipod. I don't want to lose what's on there, and I don't want to never be able to update it again.

What do I do?

Thanks in advance.

Archived