Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much would you give to meet & get autograph of top Redskins player(s)M.E.T.

disturbed1

You're paying the fees out of your own pockets? Does that mean that Campbell and Cooley are charging Make A Wish for their presence? Or is that just for food, drinks, and renting the space?

Either way, I'd give a good chunk of change (250+) to meet them. "Meet" meaning food and drinks, at least 30min discussion, etc., not just a "Hi, I'm Mike, nice to meet you" and then it's done. I mean, I don't make much money in the first place, but I understand how there are many less fortunate people than me, and what better way to give back to the community? I'll be helping somebody else out while getting to meet two of my favorite players.

If it's just waiting in a line to shake hands and get an autograph, then I could probably pay like 50-100, since it's a good, well-established cause.

I hope this helped, definitely post in the future with the details.

I have a REALLY hard time with this question because I got SEVERAL autographs of great Skins players back in the day for free.

The ONLY autographs I've ever paid for were an autographed pic and jersey from Sammy Baugh and an autographed throwback "R" helmet from Sonny Jurgensen.

That said, I'd be willing to drop a few hundred bucks to sit and get drunk and have a few laughs with Chris Cooley but ONLY if it were for charity. I'm against lining the pockets of these players any more than I already do.

You're paying the fees out of your own pockets? Does that mean that Campbell and Cooley are charging Make A Wish for their presence? Or is that just for food, drinks, and renting the space?

Either way, I'd give a good chunk of change (250+) to meet them. "Meet" meaning food and drinks, at least 30min discussion, etc., not just a "Hi, I'm Mike, nice to meet you" and then it's done. I mean, I don't make much money in the first place, but I understand how there are many less fortunate people than me, and what better way to give back to the community? I'll be helping somebody else out while getting to meet two of my favorite players.

If it's just waiting in a line to shake hands and get an autograph, then I could probably pay like 50-100, since it's a good, well-established cause.

I hope this helped, definitely post in the future with the details.

We don't represent make a wish foundation so we can't ask them to do anything for them. We are getting a deal though. There PR people know what and why we are doing this.

Just wanted to make one thing really clear..... NOBODY MAKES MONEY ON THIS!!!!! 100%, EVERYTHING, ALL of the MONEY goes to Make A Wish Foundation. So you are not paying to meet a player you are donating to a GREAT cause and you just get to meet a couple of great players.

It is all for a charity that helps very sick children. I am sure you don't have kids or you wouldn't make such a stupid comment..... sorry this is personal for my friend and buisness partner who lost his child earlier this year.

Okay, then I'd just donate to the charity if I wanted to, no need for some corny autographs to coxe the money out of me. I don't have a kids, hopefully I never will, but I do have nieces. Reguardless, good luck in your endevour.

I think if you "charged" about $100 to meet both you could get a decent turn out. Any more a lot of the non-collector fans wont show. I also think that if you were going to do more than just a autograph/photograph session the idea of doing autographs first and mingle after is a great one.

$100 is a good number to meet those guys. Maybe even do something like $100 to meet the guys and $25 - $50 on top of that for each autograph.

How does everybody else feel about this idea??? Is it asking to much, I know that money is tight now. Still trying to get a feel for this.

How does everybody else feel about this idea??? Is it asking to much, I know that money is tight now. Still trying to get a feel for this.

At some point you need to make a decision. This board can't make it for you. The consensus seems to be $100.

Decide and proceed.

Okay, then I'd just donate to the charity if I wanted to, no need for some corny autographs to coxe the money out of me. I don't have a kids, hopefully I never will, but I do have nieces. Reguardless, good luck in your endevour.

You can kind of be a jerk, you know you could have not left anything and that would have been fine. Nobody is trying to get money out of you.

Archived