Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

my thoughts on the whole off-season

trippnbillie03

So...I live in MD and I am a huge 'Skins fan. Through the good and the bad (more of the latter recently) and I am very impressed by some of their free agent pick-ups this off season. I really like Randy Thomas, COLES!!, and the kicker Hall. These seem like three valuable players that can step on the field next year and make an impact with our team. Canidate is a toss up...I mean I thought we were lookin' good w/ Watson and Betts and their Thunder and Lightning approach but I must have been mistaken. Also...Regan Upshaw and Noble are good to have but they really dont exactly improve our line in that they haven't proven themselves, maybe they will(maybe im just a little too un-educated on these two). The biggest upside to our additions is that Snyder is getting smart and getting young players who can still develop into very good players. I just dont want all this INSANE money spending to hit us down the road and cost us players such as Bailey, Arrington, Samuels, etc. because I know they already have ridiculous cap numbers but they deserve them because 1) Champ is the best cover corner in the league, hands down 2) Lavar is going to show how good he REALLY is next year when we dont have a nazi defense coordinator and 3) Samules will be healthy manning an unstoppable force of an O-line to help Ramsey along next year. I see good things for the future if we can stay out of cap hell...Are we? What is everyone else's opinions on the 'Skins and everything they have been doing?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a stable offensive line for 2 years without any player suffering an major injuries and missing significant time? Other teams seem to do it rather consistently. If the Redskins have that luxury... it'll be fun to watch them.

I think Betts surprises everyone this year and takes the starting job. I was impressed with his running style last year... and apparently he impressed Stephen Davis enough as well (ie. "he's going to be a star in this league"). That's good enough for me.

Patrick Ramsey alone gives me optimism and anxiety for September.

In a few years.. the Skins will need to re-evaluate the roster. With all these crazy salaries... odds are pretty good there'll be a few players not playing up to their paycheque.

And though it's virtually impossible right now to know which players won't be earning their pay... when the times comes... you'll know. And when they're cut... you'll be more than happy to kick their butts out the door and swallow the cap hit.

Just the way it goes.

Archived