Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you seen this man?

Mad Mike

FBI: Terror alert issued for Saudi national

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/20/fbi.terror.search.ap/index.html

Thursday, March 20, 2003 Posted: 4:42 PM EST (2142 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The FBI issued a worldwide alert Thursday for Adnan G. El Shukrijumah, a Saudi national believed to be plotting terrorist attacks as part of al Qaeda.

The FBI is asking for help from law enforcement officials as well as the public in locating El Shukrijumah, who officials say may have been last seen in Miami before he disappeared. His current whereabouts are unknown.

"El Shukrijumah is possibly involved with al Qaeda terrorist activities and, if true, poses a serious threat to U.S. citizens and interests worldwide," the FBI said in a statement.

El Shukrijumah is described as 27, about 5-foot-4 and 132 pounds or heavier. He may or may not be wearing a beard.

Although born in Saudi Arabia, the FBI said El Shukrijumah carries a passport from Guyana. He also could have passports from Saudi Arabia, Canada or Trinidad. And he has used a half-dozen aliases.

The FBI alert did not specify the nature of the threats El Shukrijumah may pose to U.S. interests. One FBI official said El Shukrijumah only recently came to the agency's attention, but the official did not say how.

The alert came as the FBI intensified its effort to interview thousands of Iraqi-born individuals living in the United States to uncover any potential terrorist attacks planned by Iraqi operatives or sympathizers. The FBI said the interviews also could help protect Iraqis from hate crimes.

Additionally, the FBI is actively investigating "others who have links to terrorism," including potential al Qaeda members or sympathizers in America.

Several thousand FBI agents are being diverted from regular duties to do the interviews and to man command posts at each of the bureau's 56 field offices. They are to gather intelligence and respond quickly to any terrorist threats. A national command center was set up at FBI headquarters in Washington.

"We are bringing to bear the full weight of our resources, expertise, and partnerships," FBI Director Robert Mueller said. "We are running down every lead, responding to every threat, coordinating with every partner, and doing our utmost to keep terrorists from striking back."

The FBI also has new authority from Attorney General John Ashcroft to arrest people on immigration charges if they are believed to post a wartime threat. Officials declined to say Thursday if any such arrests had occurred since the onset of war with Iraq.

El Shukrijumah weighs approximately 132 pounds, is 5 feet, 3 inches to 5 feet, 5 inches tall, black hair, black eyes, and sometimes wears a beard.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

... 132 pounds or heavier. He may or may not be wearing a beard.

With descriptions like that he'll be found in a heartbeat. That must rule out a good 1% of the population.

I may or may not be wearing a beard today. But it's not me ... I swear!

Bump.

Just saw fox talking about this guy. Thought I would do my part to keep up awareness.

Take a good look at the pic and keep it fresh in your mind. It may be a supreme long shot but this may be your chance to stop the next 9/11.

:cheers:

Archived