Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green signing autographs

MWCREDSKINS

I hear you. Have you ever been able to meet Riggins before at one the shows? I have one of his autographs from a leaf playoff edition and I have an 8x10 signed, but I have never gotten to meet him personally. He is probably my favorite Redskins player of all time (Sean Taylor coming a close second). Yes, I agree that 60 is a lot of Theismann. It may be the promoters who make the prices that high. One guy at the show told me that if you approached him the parking lot, he would probably sign no problem. I do think that I would get Theismann if I have the chance to do so.

I wouldn't pay for Theismann, he does alot of free things. Last year he was here in Fredericksburg at American Family Fitness and I hear he is coming back this year. Just keep your ear to the ground and you can get Joe for free.

That is pretty cool. Have you ever gotten Riggins autograph in person? I would love to get his. I thought about during the season going to the redskins radio station and going over there and trying then. I don't know if he would sign, but I recently just got this redskins helmet that is designed like riggins helmet. It should be pretty cool.

That is pretty cool. Have you ever gotten Riggins autograph in person? I would love to get his. I thought about during the season going to the redskins radio station and going over there and trying then. I don't know if he would sign, but I recently just got this redskins helmet that is designed like riggins helmet. It should be pretty cool.

I have only met Riggo at Chantilly, so I have no idea what he is like on the street.

You going to the Jacoby signing in Fredericksburg?

How was he when you met him? Was he rather talkative or was he just like move the line? Not really sure about the Jacoby signing yet? I heard the reason that he wasn't at the psgamegear show was because he was applying for some NFL job. I wonder what that was? At any rate, not sure what shows I will be attending. I will probably go to the Chantilly show in July because I would like get Byner and I hope that they add more redskins to the roster of players already on there. If no one else signs I will probably get Byner and that may be all. I would love to get Darrell Green, but there is no way that I can justify 150-175. I wish that I could. I bet if CSA gets Monk, that there will be no way that he will be significantly lower than Darrell Green.

I bet if CSA gets Monk, that there will be no way that he will be significantly lower than Darrell Green.

I am willing to take that bet. There is a reason Monk has been waiting to do a signing. If he does one, it will be big bucks.

I think John broadcasts from NY most of the time. At least it seems that way..I could be wrong of course...but it looks that way on MASN to me..but give it a try...you might could get Kevin or Gary:silly:

Regarding Monk,

I don't know the man at all, but from what I read, and the two times I met him (one just random, another for an actual signing), he seemed really kind, legit and unlike the sterotypical athlete. The signing he did was for free event to promote some cell phone store opening at Landmark Mall about 4-5 years ago. He signed anything you brought him, and was really kind, spoke to people, took pics, etc.

Now if he gets to CSA and charges $100, hey, what can you do?

Regarding Monk,

I don't know the man at all, but from what I read, and the two times I met him (one just random, another for an actual signing), he seemed really kind, legit and unlike the sterotypical athlete. The signing he did was for free event to promote some cell phone store opening at Landmark Mall about 4-5 years ago. He signed anything you brought him, and was really kind, spoke to people, took pics, etc.

Now if he gets to CSA and charges $100, hey, what can you do?

I have met Monk several times, including the same thing at Landmark Mall you are talking about. Remember the cell phone company paid Monk to sign for free, but he still got paid. He will know there is a big demand for his autograph and the promoters will make big bucks selling it. He and Darrell are friends and he will know what Darrell is going to get.:2cents:

Yeah that is probably true, but I bet that they will get him for less since I heard that Darrell said that he considers himself "Mr. Redskin" and wants to be the most expensive autograph among former redskins players. One of my friends said that he was talking about it on the riggins show.

As for monk getting more money, my point was that if Darrell wants be the highest paid former redskins player to do autograph signings then he will probably be able to do so. The only reason that I think that he will get more than monk is that because he is a first ballot HOF'er and that seems to command more money than most of the other players. I think that Monk is great and I wouldn't mind getting his autograph, but I don't know that he would be worth over a 100. I saw on that website that monk and green have a ball or whatever else they are selling for for 75.00 a piece. Basically it was 75 for the ball and 75 for each of their signatures. It has their 281 logo on it which would be cool, but I think that I will wait until the prices come down before I even think about getting that.

Just a quick tidbit, based on rumors I have heard and read, CSA is trying to get Monk to the show. Apparently he was asking for money close to what Lynn Swann asks for 150-175 range to start and the rumors are they have gotten the price closer to darrell greens starting price, however as most have seen, nothing has been confirmed by csa yet. Also to chime in about sportscardheroes, I have no problem paying 5-10 more dollars for a signatures since it is a shorter drive for me and they probably have to charge that with the assumption of not getting the turn out of those from leader in sports and psgamegear. None the less I have dealth with all three promotors and have nothing but great things to say about them.

Also to chime in about sportscardheroes, I have no problem paying 5-10 more dollars for a signatures since it is a shorter drive for me and they probably have to charge that with the assumption of not getting the turn out of those from leader in sports and psgamegear. None the less I have dealth with all three promotors and have nothing but great things to say about them.

It will be interesting to see if sportscardheroes keeps trying to get the higher prices for autograph tickets when they open their second store in Fredericksburg.

To be honest with you Slingin, Sportscard heroes had a couple of pictures that were for sale that were cheaper than LIS. I bought the Slinging picture from sports card heroes for 60 with the HOF inscription, while LIS was charging 100 for it. That maybe the only instance because it seems that LIS doesn't have too many 8x10s for sale. Either way, I like both outfits from the limited dealings that I have had with them. They are both well run and they both seem very fair. While psgamegear tries to be customer friendly, they are really only friendly with the people who have money to spend there.

To be honest with you Slingin, Sportscard heroes had a couple of pictures that were for sale that were cheaper than LIS. I bought the Slinging picture from sports card heroes for 60 with the HOF inscription, while LIS was charging 100 for it. That maybe the only instance because it seems that LIS doesn't have too many 8x10s for sale. Either way, I like both outfits from the limited dealings that I have had with them. They are both well run and they both seem very fair. While psgamegear tries to be customer friendly, they are really only friendly with the people who have money to spend there.

It is really funny how long this thread is...

I only know of PS Game Gear from their website and rep on here. I have never been to their events, and really don't plan to from everything posted. I also go to Sports Card Heroes for some of their events when I like their pricing.

It will be interesting to see if sportscardheroes keeps trying to get the higher prices for autograph tickets when they open their second store in Fredericksburg.

Where is the store going to be in Fredericksburg? When is it going to open?

Yeah I talked to the owner and he said that he was going to be opening the store in the summer. You can call and find out. That is what they told me. Slinging, do you have a sammy baugh autograph item? I just bought one from sports card heroes. I wanted to buy the retirement jersey picture, but they were sold out.

Yeah I talked to the owner and he said that he was going to be opening the store in the summer. You can call and find out. That is what they told me. Slinging, do you have a sammy baugh autograph item? I just bought one from sports card heroes. I wanted to buy the retirement jersey picture, but they were sold out.

Yes, I have several items I have purchased directly and indirectly from sports card heroes signings they did with Sammy. I bought all of mine back when he was still signing and you could get some really good deals.

Yeah I sucked it up and bought an 8x10 recently. I thought that would be something cool to have of an NFL icon. Particularly since he was a redskin. I was looking at some of the csa prices of 8x10's they seem pretty decent. Do you happen to know of a place to get a Brett Favre 8x10 that is reasonable and authentic? I looked on some websites and of course ebay had them, but it is always tough to tell whether or no they are authentic. I know that Bretfavre.com sells them, but they are way too expensive. He is probably my favorite non-redskins player. I would love to get his autograph if he were ever to venture up this way. Any suggestions on where to get an 8x10 of Favre reasonable?

Yeah I sucked it up and bought an 8x10 recently. I thought that would be something cool to have of an NFL icon. Particularly since he was a redskin. I was looking at some of the csa prices of 8x10's they seem pretty decent. Do you happen to know of a place to get a Brett Favre 8x10 that is reasonable and authentic? I looked on some websites and of course ebay had them, but it is always tough to tell whether or no they are authentic. I know that Bretfavre.com sells them, but they are way too expensive. He is probably my favorite non-redskins player. I would love to get his autograph if he were ever to venture up this way. Any suggestions on where to get an 8x10 of Favre reasonable?

I honestly would have no idea that you don't already know about. Of course the csa show if you look carefully, you may find a real one. Problem is I question the autographs about half those people sell. It just like Ebay but you at least get to see the item that you are actually getting.

Archived