Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Found a nice Clinton Portis in Denver Video:

CPAllTheWay012

I love Clinton, but who couldn't run through those holes? On some of those plays he wasn't even touched for the first ten yards. Their line just plowed through the defense. That's what we need more than anything, and if we can stay healthy up front it's very possible that we could. Certainly the new offensive scheme will help, I can't wait to see what Clinton and our offense can do next year.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=32403757

One of the general ideas I've seen is that our new offensive scheme will incorporate Portis in a similar way Denver did. So I was browsing videos and came across this. I thought some of you might like to see it.

Cool video,nice find,hope this O will spread opposing Defences and give Portis more room to run buckwild. HTTR

I thought 06 was finailly going to be the year Portis actually had a real threat of a passing game to help him out but we all know how that worked. I am hoping our new WRs actually produce what alot of us think they can. I just dont know if they will in their first year. But if somehow one of these new 3 targets actually produce and our offense opens up it will be nice to finially see Portis in an offense with a real threat of a passing game. Poor guy has been defenses main threat all his years in Washington and he has still been a beast, just imagine.

While he may have been a "tad" more explosive then... From that footage he has the same burst and was never a break away runner... From what I see he gets caught from behind a lot... still tough, still has moves, can still carry the load.

Also that line just worked better as a unit..huge holes..and Portis..yes PORTIS was taking goal line carries and getting in..where he has failed here...has to be the blocking schemes/line not CP to some degree imo. So If our starters can remain healthy...and the new offense gets clicking, he should be tearing it up! despite injury I think he's carried the rock well and shows a lot of grit down the stretch.

While he may have been a "tad" more explosive then... From that footage he has the same burst and was never a break away runner... From what I see he gets caught from behind a lot... still tough, still has moves, can still carry the load.

Also that line just worked better as a unit..huge holes..and Portis..yes PORTIS was taking goal line carries and getting in..where he has failed here...has to be the blocking schemes/line not CP to some degree imo. So If our starters can remain healthy...and the new offense gets clicking, he should be tearing it up! despite injury I think he's carried the rock well and shows a lot of grit down the stretch.

I disagree.. he hit the hole much harder in Denver and still is a break away runner. The tacklers, in all the runs he gets caught, have a good angle on him. Alot of reason for that is that extra elusiveness which imo is the only thing we really havn't seen, as he bulked up for us.

Archived