Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A question about software program

ldysknzfn1

I know that we have some really computer saavy ppl on this site, so after questioning some of my colleagues about this, I found out that they are just as NON computer saavy in certain areas as I ambiggrin.gif . Birds of a feather really do flock together I guesscool.gif .

Anyhoo...let me tell you my dilemma...hopefully someone can direct me to the right path. I want to "pull" some still photos from a DVD. I want to take images from a DVD and make a picture out of them. Firstly...this is possible..yes? Secondly...is there a software program out there that can assist me in doing this? Thirdly...would this be something within my DVD burning software? Fourthly...if there is a software program out there for this...is it expensive and what the name of it? While I was asking ppl that I know, someone mentioned maybe having to convert my dvd's into some kind of digital format or something? Not sure about that one. Lastly....is this something that a screen capture program would do?

Thanks for any advice or direction pointing.cheers.gif

you can capture any image which can be displayed on the computer screen.

if you press ctrl-printscreen ( two buttons hold down control, then press print screen).. it will copy the current monitor display (entire desktop) to the clip board. then you can open up paint which comes with every microsoft OS... typcially ( start->all programs->accessories->paint. and do edit->paste..

Then all you have to do is select the part of the image now in paint you are interested in and paste that into another instance of paint and save it as it's own document.

alt-printscreen copys the currently selected application windows display to the clop board rather than the entire desktop.

Thanks everyone! I knew I could find a wealth of knowledge here. It's a DVD movie not a photo DV. So I will try all of the suggestions and use the one that's the best or easiest.

You folks rock! Thanks my skinz fam!

p.s. I d/l'd king king capture a few weeks ago. Is that a good capture program? I haven't tried it yet. But I will.

My experience is, control-prntscrn does not work for dvds. It just doesn't. When you save it and look at it, it's blank.

I have a player called AVS DVD player. It has a button on it that automatically saves the current screen of the dvd instantly and puts it in your pictures folder. I downloaded it for free.

Archived