Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blue-Collar Workers=The Taliban: John McCain's "Elitism"

Thinking Skins

Op-Ed News. :laugh:

Way to make the very NAME of your website an oxymoron. Great source there. :laugh:

I'd like to see a link to the original quotes with dates included.

Not to mention the only source they site in the ENTIRE "article" is thinkprogress.org. Im going out on a limb here that that source is politically biased one way or another.

There ya go! Although you might want to discount the source since it's housed at a pretty liberal army.mil address.

:secret: Sometimes it pays to actually read the article and click on the links provided to see if what the author is citing is real or crap. I know it's a difficult concept but...

I love how every time Obama says something dumb in public, you can be sure there will be someone making a parallel to John McCain within 8 hours, however thin it is.

Pardon me but your double standard is showing. This is as much a story as Obama's gaffe, the only difference being that the candidate himself didn't say it. I'll be interested to see how McCain handles this given how quickly he jumped on Obama's comments.

The interesting thing about both Obama and Peters' comments is that there is a certain amount of truth to them. The rust belt is probably never going to be restored to it's prior glory as a manufacturing mecca and the folks that live there have grown bitter after constantly hearing hollow promises from both Demoncrat and GOP politicians over the years. Had Obama phrased his comments differently it would have been much more in keeping with his oft stated M.O. of telling the American people the truths they don't want to hear so that long standing problems can finally be addressed. With the added shot at guns, religion and xenophobia (some of which was also true BTW) it unfortunately shifted the focus away from the discussion we really need to be having about this.

Archived