Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Funniest thing I've heard yet about war with Iraq

I know, I know, war is serious business. But this is funny. Bill O' Reilly on Fox News interviewed a former American general with inside information, who related the following incident:

Along the Kuwait-Iraq border which is the jumping off point for an invasion of Iraq, there are now over 200,000 American and British soldiers armed to the teeth. The general said that a bunch of Iraqi soldiers along this border, whose job it is to stop their invasion, tried to surrender last week to the British soldiers.

The British though told them: "Come back next week ......we can't accept your surrender now, because the war hasn't started yet." :laugh:

As I understand it, the Iraqis "surrendered" to a brittish unit that was engaged in a live-fire exercise. (Which could have been really dangerous: wandering unannounced into a live-fire area).

(Others have also pointed out: The folks who tried to surrender may already be dead).

907d1cfe.jpg

U.S. planes bomb west Iraq after fired on

Warplanes from the USS Abraham Lincoln bombed Iraqi positions after coalition aircraft patrolling a no-fly zone were fired on by Iraqi forces, a top admiral says. "There were yesterday four firings against our aircraft flying in the southern no-fly zone," Rear Admiral John Kelly told reporters onboard the Lincoln on Wednesday. (US Navy)...

http://www.arabiaphoto.com/

===================================

Arab League chief decides against last-minute trip to Baghdad :laugh: :laugh:

Archived