Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

as i said...the war has already started...

fansince62

The big goofs have messed this up good.

While the United States is still pressing Turkey for overflight rights, there is no indication Turkey will agree. One fallout of Turkey's refusal is that some of the army's best equipment, including its newest M1A2 tanks, are stuck on ships floating off the Turkish coast and likely will not be available in a war.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/14/sprj.irq.military/index.html

I have heard from a friend in the military that we have been bombing Iraq for years. I don't know if this is for a different reason, but I do know we have continued to bomb Iraq for various reasons ever since the Gulf War ended.

Peace

'Bombing Iraq' is a pretty vague phrase.....as far as I'm aware the only bombing we've done was related to coalition aircraft taking out ground radars that locked onto their aircraft in the no-fly zone. No combat pilot in the world is going to sit around and 'wait and see' if a surface to air missile is fired after being locked onto. They have rules of engagement, and destroying radar units that show hostile intent is purely defensive. If we really wanted to bomb Iraq at will, we've had free reign to do so, and every news network in America would be aware of it.

Archived