Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A draft Idea?

SkinsAllDay34

I just thought about this and it could work out to our advantage. I know people on here are against trading picks but would it be a good idea to trade our second and third rounders to get another pick in the first round. If we did that we could get a high caliber OL and that big WR. Also dont we have extra picks due to compensation. So we still would have picks just in the later rounds.

IMO if this ever happened i would like OL Brandon Albert and WR James Hardy

You'd need to offer more . . . probably a lot more.

In order to get an additional 1st rounder, we'd most likely have to give up later picks in addition to our 1st rounder next year.

Then we'd have to give big contracts to two first-round picks, and they'd better be worth it because our cap and our depth will take a hit.

So no thanks.

IMO, we can use the 2nd and 3rd round picks we currently have to draft guys who will contribute immediately.

It takes more than that to move up.

If we're every going to win SB, we have to find starters outside the 1st round CONSISTENTLY.

We need MULTIPLE players. Not 1 or 2, 10 or 12. Back-up G, C, TE, WR, DT, DE, LB, S, CB. Starters at WR, CB, LB, DE, G.

And the solution for that is to move up and have less picks?

If anything, trade down. You can't find a quality guard in the 2nd or 3rd round, fire your scouting department.

That being said, if he's that good, take Albert, a WR 2nd round. I think you can justify this if he has potential at T. I don't know if he does, but IF.

Nothing is a higher priority than keeping your most important player, QB, alive. Interior OL does this just as surely as Ts.

And do you HONESTLY believe Thomas and Kendall will be healthy all year?

I agree trade down for more draft picks. This draft is very deep at positions we need to fill OL, DL, CB, and WR. We if we traded down for another 2nd and 3rd or 4th then we could still get great OL players and a CB or WR.

i don't like the idea. you would be sacrificing so much depth and cap space to pull this off. there would have to be one helluva a player slip for me to even start thinking trading up would be a good move. i would rather trade down and stockpile picks. but all of this is contingent with what we do in FA as well. i also think we will get a pretty good indication of what team needs we are looking for come the first week of april

I think we should just sit with what he have and pick the best available players according to our needs. I think we need our first rounder for a Stud OL or DL round 2 pick the one we didnt get in round 1 and use the rest of the picks for other needs and depth. We can get starters out of round 3. Look at the best tight end in the league. We picked him up at 81 in round three. We have plenty of picks with the compensation picks so just choose wisely

we should for the best available player in the first round.

CB Dominique Cromatarie or Brandent Albert G/C

2nd Roy Schuening G/C / James Hardy WR or Tracey Porter CB

3rd Duane Brown OT/TE (can play RT and TE in goal line situation)(Back up for Jansen and could be used instead of mike pucillo he is 315 lbs)

3rd compensatory pick Tavares Gooden ILB from the U

5th Bryan Johnston DE

6th Erick Foster DE /DT

7th Kyle Wright from the U

If we pick Brandent Albert in the first round then go for a CB or WR

if we a CB then go for OG/ WR

Just because someone is drafted in the first round doesn't mean he will be an immediate impact starter. There's talent littered all over this draft. We should be able to get 3-4 future starters in this one. I'd rather have 3-4 guys that will make an impact eventually than 1 or 2 guys that start right away

Archived