Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Radio report says Coles going back to Jets

The Artist

Originally posted by Mr. Redskin

Good, we don't need that cap hit. Especially if it means losing Arrington in a few years.:stop:

I'm with you...Synder is trying to buy yet again another SB team. This time, unlike, in 2000, we are not that close to being a Super Bowl contender. It is crazy to go into cap hell when we will still probably be a 8-8 to 9-7 team even with Coles. I hope he goes back to the Jets. We need the cap space to sign Bailey and Arrington in coming years.

Originally posted by rdsknbill

http://nfl.com/teams/stats/WAS

Art check out the link above. How could ESPN and NFL.com be so far off on these stats? They had Champ at 62, while ESPN had him at 68. Whatever. you have your sources and I have mine I guess:?:

Bill,

To be honest, I'm surprised at how off NFL.com is. And, it is off. ESPN takes stats from the official gamebook for each game. So does NFL.com. Look here for example:

http://nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20021117_WAS@NYG

That's the gamebook for the Redskins against the Giants. Trotter, as you see, was listed as having 16 total tackles. That's what ESPN has and if you look at the gamebooks, you'll find that to be precisely the same.

NFL.com is just screwy somehow though. Look here:

http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/12774/gamelogs

See Trotter's stat line here. It's different than it was in the gamebook. No rationale behind it, but I've found NFL.com to do that with tackles. Remember, tackles aren't an "official" NFL stat. What is interesting is in that game above they credit him with six solo tackles and six assists. They add that together for 10, meaning an assist is a part of a full tackle. But, in other games they just ignore the assists. I'm not sure what NFL.com is doing to be honest. Just cut and paste what the official NFL gamebook is. Why do all the crazy stuff, you know? Anyway, no worries.

I don't use NFL.com anymore because they seem to have so many mistakes. They also are very quick to remove players from the stats when they become free agents so I'm not sure they are always the easiest place to go to :). Either way, it seems less meaningful in the scheme of things.

Jeepers, do you suck Arrington's well you know?

He's only great/god like/good/ in D.C.; get a clue dude. Also see Bailey, not even an option in any other team, but again a god in yours, go figure.

How many SB's do you have with these players?

Yep, just what I thought, 0?

Originally posted by Art

The only way Arrington is released is if we play a scheme that doesn't require a fast, monster linebacker :). It won't happen unless Arrington's play deteriorates. Unlike Davis, it's harder to envision Arrington not "fitting" whatever defensive scheme we want to employ. He didn't fit with the Lewis scheme and he still had 100 tackles and double digit sacks and that was while playing injured and slugishly much of the year.

Arrington's cap number this year was about $6 million, excluding his signing bonus number. Next year his base salary was to be 6.5 million or so and up from there. He was clearly a player we were going to NEED to restructure at some point. Just as with Samuels. Both players still need to be redone. Both players are possible casualties, but ONLY at a point they are unwilling to restructure their deals, or, in five to six seasons when the team no longer wishes to do the same. Arrington having a lower shelf life on that than Samuels, but, you can pretty much rest easy that he isn't going anywhere until he's about 30, if he ever does.

As for Coles, we'll see. I would be surprised if the Jets let him go, but, given the tenor of his comments, it seems he wants to be let go, and the Jets can't like that. I suspect since no official offer sheet has been submitted, perhaps the Jets are privately releasing some info that suggests they will keep him and perhaps the Redskins will alter the terms of the deal. Who knows.

Originally posted by f1car

Jeepers, do you suck Arrington's well you know?

He's only great/god like/good/ in D.C.; get a clue dude. Also see Bailey, not even an option in any other team, but again a god in yours, go figure.

Hmm let's see. The rest of the league has voted these two "average" players to the probowl the last two year.

Who is your team? :jerkoff:

Archived