Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Zorn: A History Lesson

skinsfan12

I found this to be an intriguing article referencing Coach Zorn's past and his approach to the game and life, in general. A must read for true fans.

link

Favorite quote:

Having been an offensive coordinator in college, what would you like to be your next step?

"I want to coordinate because I want to call plays. Even in college, I was never in a hurry. I went from being a coordinator for three years to a quarterback coach for a couple of years. I don't derive my self worth of having to be the focus or the instigator of all this stuff because this game is such a great game and it takes everybody working together. I feel when Sylvester Krum is calling plays, I feel that I'm a piece of that."

I had no idea Zorn was ever a part of the Cowboys' organization. In the article, he mentions being teammates with Roger Staubach. I saw that and went, "huh?"

So I looked around the Intergoogles and found this nugget:

Jim Zorn signed as a free agent with the Dallas Cowboys in 1975. He played with the Seattle Seahawks from 1976-1984, with the Green Bay Packers in 1985 and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League in 1986.

He didn't make the team though, apparently, so he technically was never an official Dallas Cowboy. :)

We'll forgive his brief association with the 'turds. :cheers:

I had no idea Zorn was ever a part of the Cowboys' organization. In the article, he mentions being teammates with Roger Staubach. I saw that and went, "huh?"

So I looked around the Intergoogles and found this nugget:

Jim Zorn signed as a free agent with the Dallas Cowboys in 1975. He played with the Seattle Seahawks from 1976-1984, with the Green Bay Packers in 1985 and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League in 1986.

He didn't make the team though, apparently, so he technically was never an official Dallas Cowboy. :)

We'll forgive his brief association with the 'turds. :cheers:

I read someplace yesterday that he always disliked the Pukes because they they cut him and said he'd never make it in the NFL. Gotta love the hatred of the Pukes no matter the reason. :)

Archived