Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan's Carbon Footprint

Norvitis

I diagree with that point, b/c we are actually getting less oil from Iraq, then we were getting before we got in. If we wanted a interest in Oil with troop intervention, we could have picked better targets than Iraq, like Venezuala.

:doh: Iraq has the second largest oil reserve in the world, behind Saudi Arabia.

You know that Canada just found the worlds largest oil deposit (I believe), so I don't think we'll be invading them anytime soon. The Oil argument really doesn't hold water.

Will they allow drilling? Alaska has much oil too. I just think right or wrong that the powers that be don't want that oil to go towards our enemies real or perceived. I don't necessarily agree that oil is the SOLE reason for being there, but I do think one of the reasons the government keeps us there is they don't want that oil to be stolen, sold, or profit our enemies. We won't have to invade Canada as they are a huge ally of ours and benefit immensely from our military. We are covered for awhile, but China is growing at record pace with a middle class that wants CARS. That entire region of the world is growing. It is no longer Japan, North America, Europe, and Australia that want oil anymore. China used to be a third world nation. Now they use as much oil as the aforementioned regions. They don't really care where the oil comes from as long as they can get it cheap.

In short, the old blood for oil line is not accurate. It's blood for freedom and the oil is a huge part of what our government is worried about. Not for lack of oil here, but profit gained from a natural resource in a country that could be run by terrorists. If we leave now or fifty years from now, it doesn't matter as long as the profit from that oil does not fall into the wrong hands. Not in a greedy way like we want to steal it, but more like we want to know when that oil hits the market ot's not going to profit our foes.

Isn't everyone/shouldn't everyone be an "environmentalist"?

Just because this thread has been deemed stupid, does that mean environmentalism is stupid? That's some kind of argument tactic, right? Is it a straw man or something like that? Aw, screw it.

Now I know why I rarely venture to the tailgate. I'm leaving now and I'll be back for more disappointment later.

Will they allow drilling? Alaska has much oil too. I just think right or wrong that the powers that be don't want that oil to go towards our enemies real or perceived. I don't necessarily agree that oil is the SOLE reason for being there, but I do think one of the reasons the government keeps us there is they don't want that oil to be stolen, sold, or profit our enemies. We won't have to invade Canada as they are a huge ally of ours and benefit immensely from our military. We are covered for awhile, but China is growing at record pace with a middle class that wants CARS. That entire region of the world is growing. It is no longer Japan, North America, Europe, and Australia that want oil anymore. China used to be a third world nation. Now they use as much oil as the aforementioned regions. They don't really care where the oil comes from as long as they can get it cheap.

In short, the old blood for oil line is not accurate. It's blood for freedom and the oil is a huge part of what our government is worried about. Not for lack of oil here, but profit gained from a natural resource in a country that could be run by terrorists. If we leave now or fifty years from now, it doesn't matter as long as the profit from that oil does not fall into the wrong hands. Not in a greedy way like we want to steal it, but more like we want to know when that oil hits the market ot's not going to profit our foes.

I just drove my '84 Suburban ballz to the wall, smoking out the back the whole drive to McDonalds. I then ate my burgers, and threw the wrappers out of the windows on the way home. I smoked three cigarettes, and tossed those butts out the window as well. I then changed my oil, and poured the old dirty stuff down the sewer, just because, well because I can. Threw the old oil pan down it as well. I then thought : Al Gore does it, why can't I ? He pollutes on a MUCH larger scale and has the nerve to tell us 'peasants' to walk? GMAFB, just like Sheryl Crowe uses one toilet paper square to wipe her nenny off.....effin hypocrites:gaintsuck

My friend, go get a guitar, and play your crap to some liberal hippies around a campfire.

Archived