Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

10 bold predictions for the NFL offseason (Redskins Related)

borninblood

8. Daniel Snyder won't make a big splash

With the Washington Redskins' payroll reported to be $20 million over the cap -- and a recently acquired habit of not spending money like a billionaire with a terminal illness -- owner Daniel Snyder likely won't be plunging with both feet into the free-agent market. Besides, the more conservative approach honed in the final years of the Joe Gibbs Era II makes it easier for Snyder to justify restraint.

Even with a guy like Moss available, don't expect the Redskins to make a play for any big-name free agents.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=boldpredictionsforthenfl&prov=tsn&type=lgns

I completely disagree with that prediction. We all hoped Snyder had learned something from Gibbs, but this coaching search makes it obvious he hasn't. I think by the time draft day roles around we'll be lucky to have any draft picks, as Danny will give them all away trying to get guys like Chad Johnson and Deanglo Hall. I don't know why they bring the cap thing up every year, it never makes a difference to Snyder.

Archived