Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Outside the Lines on ESPN (Sean Taylor related)

skinzdar55

I just watched an interesting take on the security problems that NFL players have off of the field. The show opened by talking about how #21 dominated the off the field news this season. They also had interviews with Taylor's father, Phillip Buchannon (whose house was broken in to by 7 armed men while he and a friend were there), and Jerome McDougle from the Eagles who was carjacked and shot in the abdomen and was forced to miss the entire 2005 season. The interesting thing: all attended U of Miami and also lived inthe surrounding area.

I just watched that myself. I think the Miami thing is a coincidence. All athletes are targets now because kids dont look up to them as much. They are envious of what they have and would rather rob and steal than work hard and become a player and make money on there own

I agree 100%, but it seems to me that there is somewhat of a red flag being thrown up in the Miami area :whoknows:

I just watched that myself. I think the Miami thing is a coincidence. All athletes are targets now because kids dont look up to them as much. They are envious of what they have and would rather rob and steal than work hard and become a player and make money on there own

Miami has two different sides. Especially near the campus. Around the orange bowl you havr million dollar gated comunities. Make a wrong turn down a street, just 100 feet away from the million dollar gates and you would feel like Carke Grizwald in Vacation. "roll 'em up". I've made the mistake before. There are some places whitey just don't need to be. Especially in a black chevy avalanch. :laugh: No pun or stereo type intended, but that's what I drove. I went to stop at a 4 way stop sign and on each corner was about 6 guys. All of them turned, stopped what they were doing and just staired. When 3 or 4 took steps off the curb towards me, I felt the blood drain out of my body. I stomped on it, before I knew it I was outside the orage bowl again. Those guys could have been approahing my truck to see if they could give me some help finding my way around or to see if I needed money for gas. I don't know. It was a snap judgemnt. I know we aren't supposed to stereo type, buuuuut I wasn't stickin' around to find out how welcome I was there.

Archived