Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KINDA OT: Help about Redskins games over the net......

TC4

Okay here is the deal. We had both DirecTV and cable but we just got rid of our cable now that DirecTV has the our local channels(Richmond, Virginia)avalable here. So now all of our TV comes off of the dish.

We get NFL Sunday Ticket, but as a back up we had the cable as a backup in case the dish went out. But now that isn't an option. We do rent our equipment, so if it does screw up, we can get it fixed fast, but if it does happen say on Saturday night or Sunday on game day, I am outta luck :(

So what I NEED to know is, where can I get a feed of Redskins game over the Net in case the unthinkable happens. I know you can from NFL.com, but all they have are the broadcasts fropm the teams they are playing :puke:

Can anyone PLEASE help me out???

It's called geograpically challenged TC. During the season we provide the local feed to members of that forum. As the preseason approaches watch the board for Geographically Challenged threads for how to join and what to do.

Sorry all i know of is NFL.com

But my friend has a HUGE TV and satelite and we usually watch the games over at his house. And let me tell you the thing goes out at the worst times. Such as kickoff. But he only has satelite in the basement so when it goes out we sprint upstairs and watch on a smaller tv till it comes back.

Well if your able to find a site over the net that broadcast games means you must have high speed internet. If you have high speed is it cable? If it is you can use that and plug it into a TV and get basic cable. I have comcast highspeed and directv when the weather gets bad and the feed goes out (Which it hardly does anymore) I connect a tv to the cable modem line.

If you have DSL just forget what I posted. But I think there a laws about broadcasting a game without nfl consent so it my be hard to find a site doing so.

Originally posted by jeostang

Well if your able to find a site over the net that broadcast games means you must have high speed internet. If you have high speed is it cable? If it is you can use that and plug it into a TV and get basic cable. I have comcast highspeed and directv when the weather gets bad and the feed goes out (Which it hardly does anymore) I connect a tv to the cable modem line.

If you have DSL just forget what I posted. But I think there a laws about broadcasting a game without nfl consent so it my be hard to find a site doing so.

Alas, I live in a small town, so thus, NO DSL OR CABLE. :cry:

Our cable provider is Adelphia, so with their bankrupcy, not a chance we will get cable access before about the 22nd century......LOL!!!!

I do hear that Verison is saying they will have DSL access state wide here in Virginia in a year or so, but I will believe that when I see it.

You don't need high speed connection to listen to the game. As I said, we've got you covered. It's available here, on this site. Sonny, Sam and Frank. When the season nears you'll see threads on this about the Geographically Challenged forum. You will be able to join and listen to your heart's content. No sweat.

Skins26, and Jeo, you may want to READ my post before offering contrary information :).

Originally posted by Art

It's called geograpically challenged TC. During the season we provide the local feed to members of that forum. As the preseason approaches watch the board for Geographically Challenged threads for how to join and what to do.

It's not that I am Geographically Challenged. The local cable channel here gets the Fox channel out of Richmond, Virginia(All of the Richmond area and the area I live in about ah hour and 15 or so minutes from Richmond is REDSKINS COUNTRY!!!!), and they have all the Redskins game, unless they host an AFC team, then they are on CBS out of Richmond too.

But now that all the Richmond channels can be picked up on DirecTV, it was cheaper to kill the cable and get them all on the dish. Heck, we even saved enough on the cable to add a 3rd dish receiver. :jump:

Ok, TC.

You do not have to be Geographically Challenged. However, if you want to listen to the local broadcast, look for threads that mention it and you're all set once the preseaon starts :). No worries my friend.

Archived