Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Theismann on NFL network discussing the Superbowl

Siven

When I think back on Joe Theismann the one clip that summed up Joe was from SB 17, when he tells his teamates, " its worth $ 60,000, and a big ring". How many of those guys were thinking about money, only Joe. The ring is the thing. I also think that Scott Hanson should do his homework, John Elway was the loser in 3 SBs before he won one, not 4.

Man, you guys are harsh. No love for Joey T. who still bleeds B & G to this day. Our first QB to win a SB. NFL MVP in 1983. So he's not as great as an announcer. Big deal. Oh, and all of you stating the gross thing about getting your prostate checked, better do it. I work in a hospital and it's a big killer of men. I just turned 40 and you bet I'll get it checked every year. I plan on being alive for our next SB win.

Man, you guys are harsh. No love for Joey T. who still bleeds B & G to this day. Our first QB to win a SB. NFL MVP in 1983. So he's not as great as an announcer. Big deal.

I agree, where's the love? Joey T is awesome.

I must be the only person who believes he was a pretty good announcer.

When I think back on Joe Theismann the one clip that summed up Joe was from SB 17, when he tells his teamates, " its worth $ 60,000, and a big ring". How many of those guys were thinking about money, only Joe. The ring is the thing. I also think that Scott Hanson should do his homework, John Elway was the loser in 3 SBs before he won one, not 4.

THAT ENTIRE TEAM, TEEEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMM huddle before SB 17 in my opinion instilled in the Skins team WE NOT ONLY CAN DO THIS WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS. Then you see JOEY T 4 HOURS LATER running off he field the ball in one hand raised high and the other hand showing the WORLD WE ARE NUMBER 1. Greatest Skins game I have ever seen :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I think most of them were thinking about the money. It was more than a lot of them made in an entire year.

The money was huge. I doubt 5 players on that team made more than $60K in a year. Joey knew what was important to his guys. Joey T held that team together and organized practices on his own during the strike. He spit out two front teeth and QB-ed us to a win. Heck, before ESPN ruined him, he was a very good technical announcer who could explain a lot of the intricacies of the game. It was ESPN that turned him into another talking head shilling superstars.

I love me some Joey T.

I think most of them were thinking about the money. It was more than a lot of them made in an entire year.
I guess it just depends on how you look at it. I am not sure how much the loser got, half as much? I am sure that they would have traded it for a victory. Sam Huff made 7,500 in 1956, his rookie year. Dan Marino made 150,000 in 1983, his rookie year. Of course Marino made alot more later in his career, but I bet he would have given some of it up to be known as One of the greatest QBs ever, to win a SB.

Archived