Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Article from 2003--pretty ironic eh

Ji

sounds like they both suck as head coaches! I have a feeling that no matter who Snyder hires, its not going to be his first choice and they will be gone by next year. Gibbs should of stayed 1 more year. No wonder Snyder was begging him to stay

What could anyone possibly see in this guy? Its not like he's some diamond in the rough that Snyder digged up where we need to give some benefit of the doubt because we're not there to hear the interviews. In this case, I couldn't care less how Fassel's interviews went. His entire head coaching record is already on public display.

Just say no to Fassel!

Some of what is written in that article sound errily familiar to what Joe Gibbs put us through the past 3 years. Having the lead in the 4th quarter and then tightening up only to lose the game. Making the playoffs with high expecations for the next year only to flounder with a disappointing season.

Sounds like Joe 2.0 folks.

I think you could replace Fassel's name with almost any experienced coach in this article. Gibbs 2.0, Jim Mora Jr., Gregg Williams, etc. etc.

I am sure we could also look for articles out about Belicheck 1.0 from when he was in Cleveland. I bet they gave him a glowing endorsement.

Thats the thing the when we made our palyoff run we stoped being conservative so that shows an entire team change in the mindset so now that we have gotten over that hump why would we get some new guy hew blew a 24 point lead in the playoffs.

That article bashed Coughlin and Green at the end. Coughlin is now in the Super Bowl so you never know. I'm not thrilled w/ Fassel but he did have a winning record and took a mediocre team to the SB. He never got his second chance and it seems w/ many coaches the second time is the charm. Hopefully he learned a lot from his first go round and will be even better this time. It certainly could be much worse, like Mike Tice for example.

Some of what is written in that article sound errily familiar to what Joe Gibbs put us through the past 3 years. Having the lead in the 4th quarter and then tightening up only to lose the game. Making the playoffs with high expectations for the next year only to flounder with a disappointing season.

Sounds like Joe 2.0 folks.

i was thinking the same thing doctor.

Archived