Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Main Problem with Gregg Williams

jivelikenice

Turnovers don't tell the full story.. but pressuring the qb does.. GW d fence is not setup to pressure the QB and he is stubborn as hell about bringing in the personnel to put the pressure on. I think the building blocks are there and this defense could improve significantly with the right d line signings.

I am not sure about Fassel, but GW is nothing to write home about.. i am glad for the change.

GW is not the answer,,send him to arizona cards,,they need him!!!:cheers:

Going back to 2002 here are the number of takeaways that Gregg Williams defenses have caused:

2007- 24

2006- 12

2005- 22

2004- 26

2003- 18

2002- 19

Avg:20.1

Its not an aberration for his teams to struggle creating turnovers, its what his defenses do. They don't create turnovers and his teams will always struggle in the +/- turnover category.

Here's what Rex Ryan has done in 3 seasons with B-More

Rex Ryan

2007- 23

2006- 37

2005- 23

Avg: 27.6

Rex has had three top 6 defenses in three season and on another note, he might actually know the importance of a pass rushing line.

Going back to 2002 here are the number of takeaways that Gregg Williams defenses have caused:

2007- 24

2006- 12

2005- 22

2004- 26

2003- 18

2002- 19

Avg:20.1

Its not an aberration for his teams to struggle creating turnovers, its what his defenses do. They don't create turnovers and his teams will always struggle in the +/- turnover category.

Here's what Rex Ryan has done in 3 seasons with B-More

Rex Ryan

2007- 23

2006- 37

2005- 23

Avg: 27.6

Rex has had three top 6 defenses in three season and on another note, he might actually know the importance of a pass rushing line.

you cannot compare the two coaching by that. Ravens hand down better Defense team. Rex Ryan also got the best MLB in lewis, ways better d-line and Better DB..

Williams has had four top 10 defenses in five season.

Archived