Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parcells hires YOU as head Coach and says"Do what you have to do to make us good!!"

michael_33

Just a fun scenario as Bill Parcells..the Vice President of the Miami Dolphins (who went 1-15 during the 07' season under Cam Cameron),has just hired you as the Head Coach.

...and he says to you.."Coach!Do what you have to do to make this team a Playoff contender...You only get 1 season to prove you are worthy!

'However...Since I want to keep the continuity of this team as much as possible,I will allow you to sign 6 Free Agents(3 on Offense and 3 on Defense) to help you with your challenge ahead of you!"

"Since I will be making the choices of ALL our draft picks,you will have no say in any of those players what so ever..!

So I ask you..you wannabe coaches...What 3 players on Offense and 3 players on Defense do you go after to help put the Dolphins in at least playoff contention during the 08' campaign?

Now keep in mind....You cannot trade for any,since Bill wants to keep the continuity on that team and any trade scenarios will definately get you fired on the spot!

Only free agents period!Good luck!

----------------------------------

Here are my picks....

Offense

--------

)Jamal Lewis, UFA, Cleveland Browns

Lewis had a resurgence in Cleveland this season. The Browns are a potential playoff team because of his efforts on the ground, and the talent scattered throughout the roster. The former Baltimore Ravens player has been able to run for 1,176 yards and nine touchdowns; he’s also had 247 receiving yards and a pair of receiving scores. He’s allowed the Browns to control clock during several games, and he made a statement by ripping off 216 yards against the Bengals in week two. Since his 2,000 yard season in 2003, Lewis has struggled to play to that level again, but in 2007 he has begun to turn things around with his fresh start in Cleveland. Staying in Cleveland may be his best option.

)Bernard Berrian, UFA, Chicago Bears

Berrian was able to put together a decent season in ’06 and even with considerable quarterback issues in Chicago, he has been able to tally 920 yards and four touchdowns in ’07. At 27 years of age, Berrian is still young and may have several strong seasons left in him. His speed make him a deep threat, and as he has developed his game, he’s become a more known weapon in the game. More than a few teams would line up for his services if he doesn’t sign an extension with the Bears.

)Alan Faneca, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers

Faneca seems to be the most likely of this group to leave his current team. Rumors suggest that he plans on leaving after the season and contract extension talks have gone nowhere. Faneca is a quality guard who has started in five Pro Bowls and been selected as a first team All-Pro five times as well. He also still has some prime seasons of his career remaining. Faneca will receive the most interest at his position, could be the most coveted offensive linemen after the season, and should also be one of the most coveted players available in all of the NFL.

Defense

-----------

)Albert Haynesworth, UFA, Tennessee Titans

Haynesworth came into the season determined to have a great year and he showed up. He has six sacks, 40 tackles, and he has constantly applied pressure up the middle— allowing other defensive linemen to have an even greater impact themselves. While quarterback Vince Young struggled for much of the season, Haynesworth led a defensive unit that contributed significantly to the Titans potential playoff run. The Titans will find it hard to let Haynesworth leave via free agency, as it would create a sizable hole to fill. The defensive tackle will command big dollars on the market.

)Marcus Trufant, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Trufant’s contract has voided based on playing time and given the team’s commitment to other players at his position, it appears that the cornerback will be looking for a starting position elsewhere. His 2004 season was easily his best, when he compiled 96 total tackles, five interceptions, and a sack. He was unable to match that type of production until this season, in which he has 77 total tackles and seven interceptions. He will be one of the top defensive targets on the market.

)Asante Samuel, UFA, New England Patriots

Samuel is quickly becoming known as one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL, having posted a league-best ten interceptions last season. He has followed it up with six interceptions this season, and while his interception totals have been impressive, so has his ability to stick to receivers on a regular basis. He’s shutdown quality receivers, helping the Patriots to an undefeated record through so far. If Samuel is not signed to an extension, he’ll command big dollars on the market.

The QB position obviously is very bad...That may be my doom afterall,but with the first pick in the draft and after bill going over the roster...I think will pass on Glen Dorsey (with the signing of Haynesworth) and will select a QB...

Who that QB he will hopefully select?I have no idea...!I mean..Is there a QB worth the #1 overall selection?.....Who know's?But I think if we can get good QB play,that I have brought in players who can really the team out and hopefully have a year with 9 or 10 wins so I don't get fired! :cheers:

Who is your choice of players to get the Dolphins in the playoffs...?

If I or anybody on this board would try to coach that team, they'd be worse than 0-16. Half the players would probably retire before the season ended.

Cmon, the guy is just trying to have a little fun. He didnt mean it in the literal sense.

If he truly wanted continuity, Id sign Todd Collins. He wouldnt be any worse (most likely better, less wear and tear and alot less concussions) than Trent Green. Id sign Michael Turner to share time with Ronnie Brown. And then Id sign Bryant Johnson. They have a Berrian already in Ginn.

On defense Id sign Jared Allen, Albert Haynesworth, and Marcus Trufant. Those 3 would improve that defense immediately. Of course, Tuna would probably want to force a move back to the 3-4.

I'm assuming cap does not matter.

Offense:

Michael Turner, UFA, San Diego Chargers

Turner will hit the market, likely at the top of the available running backs list. Many teams will be interested in the services of “The Burner.” Turner would have a chance to start for some NFL teams, but in San Diego he sees limited action behind the stellar LaDainian Tomlinson. He’ll soon turn just 26 years of age and has averaged more than five yards per carry over the past three seasons. He’s been especially limited this season because of the play of Tomlinson. However, with two career runs over 70 yards as a backup, including an 83-yard touchdown in ’05, Turner has shown that he can be a breakaway force on the field. He’ll get big dollars from a team looking for a new number one option.

Andre' Davis UFA Houston Texans

The Virginia Tech product hasn’t had the chance to play a whole lot during his career until an early season injury to Andre Johnson opened the door to more playing time. Davis responded with several solid performances, including a 117-yard effort with a score in week four against Atlanta. He currently has 563 receiving yards and three touchdowns on the season, and although Johnson’s return will cut into his opportunities greatly, Davis has still been able to impress as a return man on special teams. His 734 kickoff return yards with a score will encourage the Texans to keep Davis in Houston.

Max Starks, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers

Starks is young and massive, and another Pittsburgh player that may leave the Steel City. He’s 25 and is listed at 6’7” while weighing 337 pounds. His size and age will make him a desired player on many team’s list. A top tier tackle will always garner interest and Starks may lead the free agent class at the spot because of the potential he has shown on the field.

Defense:

Mike Rucker, UFA, Carolina Panthers

Rucker is talented, there’s no doubt about that. But just how talented may be extremely debatable. He has had the benefit of playing alongside one of the league’s best defensive players in Julius Peppers. Peppers is having a down year, and so is Rucker. There is probably a connection, but Rucker may still be pursued by several teams. While Rucker has posted just three sacks on the season, he’s had as many as twelve sacks in a season previously, and he posted five sacks last season. His play—at least numbers-wise—has tailed off in recent seasons, but if a team is convinced that he can return to form somehow, he might get a decent contract offer.

Jared Allen, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs

Allen’s sack total dropped in ’06, but he still posted 7.5 and raised his tackle total a good deal. In ’07, he has returned to form with 13.5 sacks and three forced fumbles and been a stellar player on a poor team. He’s just 25 years of age, and has shown that he is among the league’s best at his position. He’ll be a high priority for several teams once the signing period opens.

Albert Haynesworth, UFA, Tennessee Titans

Haynesworth came into the season determined to have a great year and he showed up. He has six sacks, 40 tackles, and he has constantly applied pressure up the middle— allowing other defensive linemen to have an even greater impact themselves. While quarterback Vince Young struggled for much of the season, Haynesworth led a defensive unit that contributed significantly to the Titans potential playoff run. The Titans will find it hard to let Haynesworth leave via free agency, as it would create a sizable hole to fill. The defensive tackle will command big dollars on the market.

After that I would probably get some guy to take photos of the other team's offensive calls. Make all my players take steroids, and maybe we would be close to winning more games than this year.

Cmon, the guy is just trying to have a little fun. He didnt mean it in the literal sense.

If he truly wanted continuity, Id sign Todd Collins. He wouldnt be any worse (most likely better, less wear and tear and alot less concussions) than Trent Green. Id sign Michael Turner to share time with Ronnie Brown. And then Id sign Bryant Johnson. They have a Berrian already in Ginn.

On defense Id sign Jared Allen, Albert Haynesworth, and Marcus Trufant. Those 3 would improve that defense immediately. Of course, Tuna would probably want to force a move back to the 3-4.

Uh they already play a 3-4.

And there is no ****ing way you pay for Jared Allen, Albert Haynesworth, and Marcus Trufant. thats 3 out of 5 of the biggest contracts. Jared Allen is gonna get near Dwight Freeney money.

Uh they already play a 3-4.

And there is no ****ing way you pay for Jared Allen, Albert Haynesworth, and Marcus Trufant. thats 3 out of 5 of the biggest contracts. Jared Allen is gonna get near Dwight Freeney money.

I thought they had switched to a 4-3...I was almost positive. As far as the money...this is pure fantasy. I was just playing along...the premise isnt realistic so I didnt figure I had to be.

I was just joking, because that's the first thing that popped into my head. It wasn't meant to discourage anybody from participating. I would myself if I followed the Dolphins at all.

Archived