Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you Mr. December

artmonkforHOF

I am of course speaking of one Mr. Todd Collins. you had a December any QB would envy, throwing to recievers before they even think of making their breaks, floating that ball into that magical place where only your man can get his hands on the ball. You showed JC how smoothly this offense can run if you trust the WR's to run their routes. You showed the fans that we can in fact root for our team, even when put into a hole, and then have someone dig a deeper hole in the one your standing in.

All that came to a crashing hault in January, but December of 2007 was all you Todd and thank you for it. Undoubtly, some dumb GM will try to sign you to starter money and think you are the savior, and you, rightfully so, will take the offer because you want to play again before your career is over. Even if that doesn't happen, JC will start next year and only lose his job if another injury pops up, and you will be close by, holding the clipboard dreaming of your next shot.

So before you bid us farwell,-be it on another team or just on our bench- thank you Todd Collins, you will always be remebered as Mr. December to this Redskin fan.:point2sky

I have to admit, I actually found myself comparing TC to some of the other playoff QBs this year. The guy simply gets the job done. And while his mobility is really bad, he runs the hurry up offense with ease. This loss was not on him, he truly epitomized what it meant to be a back up QB thrown in the fire.

Will not happen. Mark it down.

Collins is a FA and in recent interviews he stated he would like a chance to play. I think if someone is desparate enough-read Falcons- they might offer him top money just becasue they know we can not match it. That's a big IF but it still could happen.

I don't see TC resigning here if he is given what he believes is a chance to start somewhere else.

Archived