Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins' Offense Using the Middle of the Field!!!

cakmoney61

The Skins are now passing the ball in the middle of the field like most good teams. It's like someone has taken the blinders off. No part of the field is off limits to the WRs, TEs, and RBs.

The only question is have the coaches made a strategic change or is it the change at QB that has made the difference? Is TC just seeing the field better than JC? Regardless, it's really exciting and satisfying to see!!!

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all about TC's familiarity with Saunders' timing offense, brother. He's been able to anticipate where and when guys will be coming out of their breaks and releasing the ball in rhythm. Ten years of experience with an offense will do that for a guy.

Jason wasn't off by much, but he was clearly a split second slow on enough reads/releases to where the offense only seemed to get into a flow sporadically. If he continues on the same growth curve he's been on, however, I suspect we'll be having a pretty good time watching this offense operate with young JC at the helm too at some point in the not too distant future.

It's all about Todd Collins super strong arm, because as we all know, Mark Brunell only threw to the sidelines since his arm's weak. :laugh:

Jason wasn't off by much, but he was clearly a split second slow on enough reads/releases to where the offense only seemed to get into a flow sporadically. If he continues on the same growth curve he's been on, however, I suspect we'll be having a pretty good time watching this offense operate with young JC at the helm too at some point in the not too distant future.

If he goes into this next offseason like did for this season, he'll definitely show a great improvement. Hopefully we can continue to keep the team together for the most part.

It's all about TC's familiarity with Saunders' timing offense, brother. He's been able to anticipate where and when guys will be coming out of their breaks and releasing the ball in rhythm. Ten years of experience with an offense will do that for a guy.

No doubt, TC has been the difference. So you believe that JC had the same opportunity to call and make the same plays that TC is now making, but was off a little on execution and timing?

If that is the primary reason, then the Skins team and fans have a lot to look forward to! :)

No doubt, TC has been the difference. So you believe that JC had the same opportunity to call and make the same plays that TC is now making, but was off a little on execution and timing?

If that is the primary reason, then the Skins team and fans have a lot to look forward to! :)

I think it was a combination of factors.

JC clearly has a ways to go before "mastering" the entire Saunders offense; no one should have realistically expected otherwise. Gibbs and Saunders knew that better than anyone given they worked with JC every day all off season. I think they fed the offense to him little by little ... and that was impacted in no small measure by all the injuries to the line and to the wideouts. They HAD to limit it.

I didn't see anything this year that soured me on JC's future. At this point it's all about how quickly and how completely he masters the reads and gets to where he's willing to let the ball go before the receiver makes his break. Once he gets there, I suspect Saunders and Gibbs will be only too happy to start flipping back into the meat of that massive playbook.

I think it was a combination of factors.

JC clearly has a ways to go before "mastering" the entire Saunders offense; no one should have realistically expected otherwise. Gibbs and Saunders knew that better than anyone given they worked with JC every day all off season. I think they fed the offense to him little by little ... and that was impacted in no small measure by all the injuries to the line and to the wideouts. They HAD to limit it.

I didn't see anything this year that soured me on JC's future. At this point it's all about how quickly and how completely he masters the reads and gets to where he's willing to let the ball go before the receiver makes his break. Once he gets there, I suspect Saunders and Gibbs will be only too happy to start flipping back into the meat of that massive playbook.

Jason has been playing against a stacked deck all year. TC has been so impressive, however, that I would like to see him and JC compete for the starting QB position next year.

That's a discussion for another thread. :)

Archived