Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Ball: O-LINE

DEEZL

Give the last couple of games to the O-line -

They played horribly during our losing skid; but have stepped it up in the 2nd half of of the Bears game, and the entire Giants game. Collins looked confortable back there; and he made 'super' smart decisions in difficult conditions.

Thank you, O-line!

DEEZL

i mean, it's easy to overlook when you're watching; but handling the Giants D-line is not easy. After all of our injuries this year; our line looked outstanding; I can't say it enough. Portis, as always, stepped up and picked up the blitz well also.

If we can continue to give our QB time like that; we can make a run...

Another thing: you almost NEVER see our o-line commit horrible, drive-killing penalties.

It happens, but watching games from around the league, I've noticed our o-line is a lot more disciplined, and they avoid false starts and holding.

Considering they've been moving around to different positions quite a bit all year, and now playing with the backup qb, that's impressive.

Somewhat unheralded for the win, the line deserves full props. To keep Osi, Strahan, and Tuck off of Collins was unexpected. I think he did go down once or twice, but not as much as I expected.

The Giants also had an above average run defense, so they earned their money there too.

BUT... Minn and Dallas both have better run defenses than the Giants. Strap 'em tight boys, it's going to be a battle!

I agree. I was thrilled with Stephon Heyer and Samuels last night. Heyer made a future HOF who had been playing at a high level, all but a non factor. Also save for one blitz I never heard the name Osi. But it'd be nice for Heyer to pan out so we don't have to spend a high pick on a young tackle to ultimately replace Jansen

Archived