Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

News about Redskins LB Eddie Mason, DT Del Cowsette......

TC4

Just got both of these hot off KFFL:

Redskins | Mason Recovering, Could Be Back - posted at KFFL

11:00 PT: The Sports Xchange reports Washington Redskins backup LB/special teams ace Eddie Mason (shoulder) recently underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair one of his shoulders. There is still a chance the Redskins will re-sign him for the 2003 season. He is about to become an unrestricted free agent.

Redskins | Cowsette Recovering - posted at KFFL

10:58 PT: The Sports Xchange reports Washington Redskins DT Del Cowsette (wrist/thumb surgery) is recovering after recent surgery to repair a broken bone in his wrist/thumb area. The bone is now expected to be healthy for the first time in two years. A healthy wrist could allow him to have the consistency coaches sought last year.

That could ease us a little bit at both LB and DT depth.

:cheers:

I'm actually holding out a bit of hope that Mitchell will eventually return to the team. While the draft class is weak, there are plenty of FA linebackers this year, and he probably won't be offered a starting job or a ton of cash anywhere. Hopefully he'll come to his senses and return to the team in mid-June.

Cowsette showed some promise last year, even with the bad wrist. I liken him to some of the smaller more active DTs in the league, similar to Sapp and some of the shorter yet active lineman.

I'm not saying Del has the potential of Sapp, only I think they play a similar game. I'll never forget Cowsette running full out to the sideline trying to get Vick in the preseason his 1st year. That showed some heart. Also, I believe he got a crucial sack on Warner in the Ram game this year. He seems to have a quick burst once he gets free from the blockers and has some pop when he gets there. In fact, didn't he get called for a very questionable "Roughing the Passer" call in which the replay clearly indicated he hit the passer after he released the ball and Cowsette had already left his feet?

I'm looking for good things from him in his third year. I think he can be a solid contributor as part of a DL rotation.

Archived