Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

N.E @ Baltimore- the holding call

dockeryfan

Honestly, does it bother you that this call was made? It really bothers me. Growing up, there is simply no way that call gets made at the end of the game. The refs would swallow the whistle, like they should. That call was technically holding, but I firmly believe it should not have been made. I hate to see the NFL become this wussified tickytack game it has become. Receivers get way too much leeway, and it's all down to team speed now. If they were this anal with the offensive line, there would be holding on practically every play.

Weigh in. Do you think the holding call at the end of the game in that situation should be made or not?

EDIT: Obviously I'm talking about the Defensive Holding call on Winborne with less than a minute left.

Forget the fact that it was penalty.

The 'new' rule of holding call generally doesn't get called on Tight Ends. The Tight Ends are usually abused like that all the time.

That shouldn't have been called, but I am not surprised that the call went the Patriots way. Goodell wants the Patriots to go undefeated, plain and simple.

Honestly, does it bother you that this call was made? It really bothers me. Growing up, there is simply no way that call gets made at the end of the game. The refs would swallow the whistle, like they should. That call was technically holding, but I firmly believe it should not have been made. I hate to see the NFL become this wussified tickytack game it has become. Receivers get way too much leeway, and it's all down to team speed now. If they were this anal with the offensive line, there would be holding on practically every play.

Weigh in. Do you think the holding call at the end of the game in that situation should be made or not?

EDIT: Obviously I'm talking about the Defensive Holding call on Winborne with less than a minute left.

Funny thing is, the refs call this and outside-the-5yard-window (two steps for most receivers) contact mainly because the Pats wrestled the Colts receivers all over the field 3-4 years ago and weren't called for it. Change happened that offseason.

Bottom line, NFL wants 35-34 scores in their games, with the added benefit of QBs being able to get rid of the ball quicker due to CBs not being able to be as physical, hence the reason WRs can roam free after two steps.

Horrible call that left a sour taste in my mouth from an otherwise stellar game. For 59 minutes two teams played incredibly competitive football. The outcome of the game was decided by a referee calling an infraction that has become incredibly arbitrary.

I'd be lying if I thought there wasn't an alterior motive behind the flag. The fix is in.

didn't bother me as much as the juggled catch

the refs where calling a tight game, it was technically holding past 5 yards

I completely agree. That wasn't a catch, and I thought he clearly bobbled it. Winborne clearly grabbed Watson and rode him for at least 10 or 12 yards, that was a blatant hold and it was a good call.

Archived