Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you to the Taylor family

FloridaSkinsFan2

1st, off I did a search and did not see this, is it has been done please merge.

I dont know if any members of the Taylor family comes to these boards or not but nevertheless I want to thank them for..................

I want to start by thanking them on making his funeral yesterday open to the public and allowing those of us that could attend, attend and also the viewing and burial as well. They could have very well made this private and open to family, friends, players, etc and not the public at all. So, for this I say THANK YOU!!!

This was very classy for them to allow this and its no wonder Sean was the man and person he was and we all came to love.

So, if any family members or close, close personal friends of the family come here to visit, please give them my thank you and let them know how much it meant to us as fans of his to attend this.

and if by some chance you do stop by: THANK YOU very much

We will all miss and love Sean!!!

Thank you again

1st, off I did a search and did not see this, is it has been done please merge.

I dont know if any members of the Taylor family comes to these boards or not but nevertheless I want to thank them for..................

I want to start by thanking them on making his funeral yesterday open to the public and allowing those of us that could attend, attend and also the viewing and burial as well. They could have very well made this private and open to family, friends, players, etc and not the public at all. So, for this I say THANK YOU!!!

This was very classy for them to allow this and its no wonder Sean was the man and person he was and we all came to love.

So, if any family members or close, close personal friends of the family come here to visit, please give them my thank you and let them know how much it meant to us as fans of his to attend this.

and if by some chance you do stop by: THANK YOU very much

We will all miss and love Sean!!!

Thank you again

Funerals are never an easy experience to go through. I found myself thinking of those friends and family of mine who were taken from us unexpectantly. I never met Sean Taylor, in fact I rarely heard any interviews with him. However, I watched him as he dominated his opponents on the football field and as many were, I was an enthusiastic fan of his. Over the last week I have come to hear about the man behind the helmet. A man who put his family first and in fact demonstrated it by paying the ultimate price to protect his family. For that, I will forever remember #21, not just as a football player but as a man.

The funeral was filled with many touching moments(forgive me for not knowing all of their names):

- Clinton Portis - Spoke from the heart.

- Lavar Arrington - I think Lavar needs someone to put their arm around him and pray for him.

- Joe Gibbs - Classy as ever.

- Jackie's sister - Wonderful words. Sean Taylor was loved.

- His friend - I lost a close childhood friend last year and was painfully reminded of it while he spoke.

- Miami coach - Sean Taylor had a work ethic we could all learn from. "While other are sleeping, I am working" This was the secret of Sean's success.

- Jesse Jackson - Forgive me, but I do not have a lot of respect for the man.

- Sean's Pastor - Powerful message.

The 2007 Redskins will forever be remembered for this tragedy. My prayers are with the Taylor family and the Redskins family. I will be at Thursday's game...... Sean will be there too.

WTyson

Well said. They do deserve our thanks and appreciation.

The memorials on Sunday and the funeral on Monday were public, the interment was private. Just fam, close friends & Reskins org.

The Taylor/Garcia fams have displayed a level of class throughout all this that they deserve our thoughts and prayers for continued strength. (That, and for justice to be served swiftly and harshly).

I would like to thank the Taylor family for raising such an outstanding young man. For teaching him humility, graditude, and giving him a smile that lit up rooms. And most of all, thanks for sharing him with all of us....strangers, who over the course of the last four years, and especially the last week, have been allowed to grieve as family.

I would like to thank the Taylor family for raising such an outstanding young man. For teaching him humility, graditude, and giving him a smile that lit up rooms. And most of all, thanks for sharing him with all of us....strangers, who over the course of the last four years, and especially the last week, have been allowed to grieve as family.

This is so beautifully said...*APPLAUSE!!!* :applause:

:notworthy

I too would like to thank the Taylor/Garcia families. With the ability to stream the service over the internet it almost felt like I was there. Thank you for that opportunity.

Even though I am not a Skins fan, I loved and admired the way Sean played football. He was definitely my kind of player. He will be sorely missed on Sunday's.

Archived