Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone remember the "free kick" Gibbs tried instead of a kickoff ?

ANGST

Remember that time he send frost out to free kick a kickoff ? I think that was the game against the Colts last year when we got a ton of penalties and kicked off from the 15 .

Then we have the 2 timeout thing (which even I knew was not legal)

What rulebook is this man reading ?

We had a safety against the Colts and were supposed to kickoff from the 30. Moss got 15 yds for using the goalpost as a prop and then Frost tried to "kickoff" and got 15 yards for running his mouth. We kicked off from the goaline.

I'm not sure what coaches are telling him what, but I think we have too many voices on the field. Too much confusion all year long. Most fans even know you can't call 2 consecutive time outs without a snap of the ball. You can in college and high school.

We had a safety against the Colts and were supposed to kickoff from the 30. Moss got 15 yds for using the goalpost as a prop and then Frost tried to "kickoff" and got 15 yards for running his mouth. We kicked off from the goaline.

I'm not sure what coaches are telling him what, but I think we have too many voices on the field. Too much confusion all year long. Most fans even know you can't call 2 consecutive time outs without a snap of the ball. You can in college and high school.

Um. no.

Randle El returned a punt for a TD, and used the goalpost as a prop.

That was a penalty. Then there was a penalty on Frost's kickoff and he took his helmet off, so that was another penalty.

He won 3 superbowls! I actually agree with you, but I wanted to beat all of the homers to the punch. Be careful, you're not allowed to question ANY coaching decisions on these boards!

LOL that reminds me of how two guys made posts saying that Gibbs did it on purpose because he's a Hall of Fame coach and wanted to place the blame on himself rather than the team.

Yes, our Hall of Fame coach basically threw a game so his players could save face. :laugh:

BREAKING NEWS: This just in. Joe Gibbs has asked all Redskins fans to embrace the Amish faith and renounce techology. The ExtremeSkins population has decreased drastically.

He won 3 superbowls! I actually agree with you, but I wanted to beat all of the homers to the punch. Be careful, you're not allowed to question ANY coaching decisions on these boards!
Wow great post! You have added a ton of value in this discussion on this board. Just like my post pointing out how great your post was. :doh:

Remember that time he send frost out to free kick a kickoff ? I think that was the game against the Colts last year when we got a ton of penalties and kicked off from the 15 .

Then we have the 2 timeout thing (which even I knew was not legal)

What rulebook is this man reading ?

ANGST, can you name the last game in which this penalty happened???

Ummmm...I'm sure someone else has addressed this by now...but what the heck? He didn't "try" that...he had to do this due to the safety.

*edit*maybe I'm wrong..but I thought you have to free kick after a safety..help? someone who knows for sure this is the rule..thanks

*edit #2*N/M I looked it up myself(something others should do once in a while) and here it is from the NFL Digest of Rules that's on NFL.com:

Safety

1. <LI _extended="true">In addition to a kickoff, the other free kick is a kick after a safety (safety kick). A punt may be used (a punt may not be used on a kickoff).
  2. On a safety kick, the team scored upon puts ball in play by a punt, dropkick, or placekick without tee. No score can be made on a free kick following a safety, even if a series of penalties places team in position. (A field goal can be scored only on a play from scrimmage or a free kick after a fair catch.)

Ummmm...I'm sure someone else has addressed this by now...but what the heck? He didn't "try" that...he had to do this due to the safety.

*edit*maybe I'm wrong..but I thought you have to free kick after a safety..help? someone who knows for sure this is the rule..thanks

*edit #2*N/M I looked it up myself(something others should do once in a while) and here it is from the NFL Digest of Rules that's on NFL.com:

Safety

1. <LI _extended="true">In addition to a kickoff, the other free kick is a kick after a safety (safety kick). A punt may be used (a punt may not be used on a kickoff).
  2. On a safety kick, the team scored upon puts ball in play by a punt, dropkick, or placekick without tee. No score can be made on a free kick following a safety, even if a series of penalties places team in position. (A field goal can be scored only on a play from scrimmage or a free kick after a fair catch.)

Perhaps when you were on NFL.com you should of looked up the game to see what I was talking about . The was no safety in this game.

link here

Indianapolis Colts at 03:59 1-10-IND 39 (3:59) D.Rhodes left end to IND 34 for -5 yards (A.Carter). 2-15-IND 34 (3:21) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete short left to R.Wayne. 3-15-IND 34 (3:17) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short middle to B.Fletcher to IND 46 for 12 yards (S.Springs). 4-3-IND 46 (2:42) H.Smith punts 41 yards to WAS 13, Center-J.Snow. A.Randle El for 87 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on WAS-A.Randle El, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced between downs. Indianapolis Colts at 02:24 N.Novak kicks 64 yards from WAS 15 to IND 21. T.Wilkins to IND 39 for 18 yards (V.Fox). PENALTY on WAS-S.Taylor, Offside on Free Kick, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 15 - No Play. PENALTY on WAS-D.Frost, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 10 - No Play. N.Novak kicks 64 yards from WAS 5 to IND 31. T.Wilkins to IND 47 for 16 yards (V.Fox). WAS-A.Jimoh was injured during the play. His return is Questionable. 1-10-IND 47 (2:15) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to D.Clark (S.Springs). 2-10-IND 47 (2:12) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short left to B.Fletcher to WAS 46 for 7 yards (K.Wright) [M.Washington]. PENALTY on WAS-M.Washington, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at WAS 46. Two-Minute Warning

ANGST, can you name the last game in which this penalty happened???

I have seen it happen 1 or 2 times. Unfortunately since I am not a walking NFL history encylopedia I can't give you specifics. I know it was the rule when I saw it. It doesn't really happen much since coaches KNOW THE RULES. Anyone with Gibbs expierience should know it. He should know more about NFL rules then me at least.

Perhaps when you were on NFL.com you should of looked up the game to see what I was talking about . This had nothing to do with the safety in the 4th quarter .

link here

Indianapolis Colts at 03:59 1-10-IND 39 (3:59) D.Rhodes left end to IND 34 for -5 yards (A.Carter). 2-15-IND 34 (3:21) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete short left to R.Wayne. 3-15-IND 34 (3:17) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short middle to B.Fletcher to IND 46 for 12 yards (S.Springs). 4-3-IND 46 (2:42) H.Smith punts 41 yards to WAS 13, Center-J.Snow. A.Randle El for 87 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on WAS-A.Randle El, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced between downs. Indianapolis Colts at 02:24 N.Novak kicks 64 yards from WAS 15 to IND 21. T.Wilkins to IND 39 for 18 yards (V.Fox). PENALTY on WAS-S.Taylor, Offside on Free Kick, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 15 - No Play. PENALTY on WAS-D.Frost, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 10 - No Play. N.Novak kicks 64 yards from WAS 5 to IND 31. T.Wilkins to IND 47 for 16 yards (V.Fox). WAS-A.Jimoh was injured during the play. His return is Questionable. 1-10-IND 47 (2:15) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to D.Clark (S.Springs). 2-10-IND 47 (2:12) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short left to B.Fletcher to WAS 46 for 7 yards (K.Wright) [M.Washington]. PENALTY on WAS-M.Washington, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at WAS 46. Two-Minute Warning

You're absolutely right...my bad..I apologize..I didn't read your post carefully enough...I ASS-U-ME-D that you were talking about a recent game. Sorry. I'm shutting up now:)

Bottom line is, the longer Joe is here, the worse we get.

Sad, but true, and this is coming from a fan who started rooting for the team in the early 1960's!

Joe needs to go home to NC now. I loved him in round one, but not this time.

It is true that you cannot go home again.

Archived