Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 Sean Taylor Memorial Towels

Kurd Cudins

All right. This probably could have gone in another thread, but I wanted to do a new thread to gauge support for an idea I had while reading other such threads.

As many of you know, people are now trying to profit from selling the memorial towels. As well, many true fans would still love to get their hands on one because they either weren't able to attend or the gates were out by the time they got there.

My proposal is to have the Redskins make the towel available for sale for ~$19.99. The affects would be multiple: first, the value of the towels on ebay would plummet, becoming almost unsellable for those ridiculous prices. Second, the fans that want them would be able to obtain them for a reasonable price. Thirdly, and most importantly, I would hope that ALL proceeds from the sale of these towels would go towards the fund for his family(especially his daughter).

So, what are your thoughts?

Edit: I forgot to include that if the Redskins are unwilling, perhaps some of us could band together to get this done. I know I really want one and am disgusted by the profiteering.

i think it sucks that we have to propose combative measures agasinst these pieces of **** selling the towels, but i think it has to be done.

and if it does have to be done, i think your idea is a good one.

its just hard to understand folks selling these. even bills fans. at least they shouldh ave given the towels to redskins fans who may have wanted another to give to a friend or fellow fan.

tgijef

I like your overall idea. I think $19.99 is a sucker's price though, designed to make "fool" someone into thinking they're not spending $20.

Good proposal but the price point should either be $10 or $15, IMO. And as I said in another thread, these can't be hard (or expensive) to make up. You figure the team had 50-90K of them made up in only five days.

I like your overall idea. I think $19.99 is a sucker's price though, designed to make "fool" someone into thinking they're not spending $20.

Good proposal but the price point should either be $10 or $15, IMO. And as I said in another thread, these can't be hard (or expensive) to make up. You figure the team had 50-90K of them made up in only five days.

The price is such because the third goal of this should be to raise money for the family. It was also an arbitrary # because I haven't done any research yet into production costs. I wanted to gauge interest first.

Edit: after a little research, production costs would range between $1-$3 per towel, depending on quantity. I'm sure the skins got an even better deal.

Archived