Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It is far too early to give up hope

Sekhmet728

We lost four in a row two against sub .500 teams. We've blow big leads in 3 out of four games. Our team is decimated by injures and we have the worst red zone offence in the history of the NFL. We have a 67 year old scared coach who doesn’t know basic football knowledge our clock management. If you look at our remaining schedule we don’t have a shoot at winning one of those games. On top of that our best player died. Don’t give up hope our you kidding me? Hope has been lost long ago!

But they were making those plays at the start of the season, so we know they are capable of winning these games. Besides, its been a rough week for them,I'm sure they were emotionally spent.

Dude, forgive me, but you just don't get it. If they had been beaten any other way than they had during that last month, I could agree with you, but this is the EXACT same way they've lost every other game during that period - TURNOVERS AND A FAILURE TO SCORE TOUCHDOWNS IN THE RED ZONE.

And go ask Fred Smoot, Marcus Washington, Santanna Moss if they were emotionally spent. Did you see them play yesterday? They looked pretty good to me.

We lost four in a row two against sub .500 teams. We've blow big leads in 3 out of four games. Our team is decimated by injures and we have the worst red zone offence in the history of the NFL. We have a 67 year old scared coach who doesn’t know basic football knowledge our clock management. If you look at our remaining schedule we don’t have a shoot at winning one of those games. On top of that our best player died. Don’t give up hope our you kidding me? Hope has been lost long ago!

If you have tickets, can I have them? I doesn't seeem like you plan on using them.

Dude, forgive me, but you just don't get it. If they had been beaten any other way than they had during that last month, I could agree with you, but this is the EXACT same way they've lost every other game during that period - TURNOVERS AND A FAILURE TO SCORE TOUCHDOWNS IN THE RED ZONE.

And go ask Fred Smoot, Marcus Washington, Santanna Moss if they were emotionally spent. Did you see them play yesterday? They looked pretty good to me.

They were spent by the 4th Quarter and Smoot started crying after theygave up the big pass play in the end.

Ok, so what about the 50 other players and coaching staff who were emotionally spent?

Dude, forgive me, but you just don't get it. If they had been beaten any other way than they had during that last month, I could agree with you, but this is the EXACT same way they've lost every other game during that period - TURNOVERS AND A FAILURE TO SCORE TOUCHDOWNS IN THE RED ZONE

So if they were actually outplayed like the Pats game but still lost you would agree with me that they had a chance. you make no sense, these mistakes can be corrected since they are self inflicted.

Well, I guess we shouldn't even watch the rest of the games since they don't have a chance. The fact of the matter is they are still just one game back because other teams are screwing up just like the Skins.

Well that's what I want for my beloved Skins - to sneak into the payoffs because we haven't screwed up quite as much as the other screw-ups in the middle of the back and then get blown away when we have to face a quality team.

Well that's what I want for my beloved Skins - to sneak into the payoffs because we haven't screwed up quite as much as the other screw-ups in the middle of the back and then get blown away when we have to face a quality team.

And just which team do you think will blow us away? The Cowboys? The Packers?

I got news for you: WE'VE ALREADY PLAYED THE BEST TEAMS IN THE NFC!

And we played them tight too. In fact, we "let them off the hook."

Dude I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Redskins are so done this year and there is basically no hope of making the playoffs. We'd have to rely on other teams losing out and us winning out, which never really works in our favor as history tells... So let's just hope we lose out, so we get a better draft pick. :(

"WHY DO WE LOSE EVERY GAME!!??!!"

-My 10 year old son screaming (in near tears) after yesterdays game.

Guys good teams put away games like the Bills, Giants, Packers, Philly, Tampa etc...The only team we have really lost to is the Pats, the rest of the losses are on our shoulders. This team needs to be revamped from head to toe. We need a good GM, a better scouting department, a coach that put his foot up players backsides and motivate them. We need to go through the roster to find out who is willing to put it on the line. We need to look at what offenses are working and glean our version out of them. Who to do this? You got me.

I love Joe, and I know we have had a hard year with injuries and Sean's death, but the games we lost due to poor coaching and a poorly disciplined team. This team needs greater discipline and better execution. I feel that this emphasis alone would have put a few more W's in our column. Don't bank on any playoffs until we get at least that, under any regime.

Lately, the only answer I have for my son is that I Love him, and that "Sometimes it is hard to be a Redskins fan." I also tell him that when we get this ship corrected, and the wins start to really come, he will be able to appreciate them for he has been through the hard times.

I am not bailing on anyone or this team. But sometimes we have to take a hard look at ourselves, and make the changes necessary to improve.

Hail 'Skins.

"WHY DO WE LOSE EVERY GAME!!??!!"

-My 10 year old son screaming (in near tears) after yesterdays game.

Guys good teams put away games like the Bills, Giants, Packers, Philly, Tampa etc...The only team we have really lost to is the Pats, the rest of the losses are on our shoulders. This team needs to be revamped from head to toe. We need a good GM, a better scouting department, a coach that put his foot up players backsides and motivate them. We need to go through the roster to find out who is willing to put it on the line. We need to look at what offenses are working and glean our version out of them. Who to do this? You got me.

I love Joe, and I know we have had a hard year with injuries and Sean's death, but the games we lost due to poor coaching and a poorly disciplined team. This team needs greater discipline and better execution. I feel that this emphasis alone would have put a few more W's in our column. Don't bank on any playoffs until we get at least that, under any regime.

Lately, the only answer I have for my son is that I Love him, and that "Sometimes it is hard to be a Redskins fan." I also tell him that when we get this ship corrected, and the wins start to really come, he will be able to appreciate them for he has been through the hard times.

I am not bailing on anyone or this team. But sometimes we have to take a hard look at ourselves, and make the changes necessary to improve.

Hail 'Skins.

That's all very true, but the point is that as long as there is a chance, I have hope. I would still love an 8-8 finish even if we didn't make the play-offs. Heck, a 7-9 finish would be a victory for this team considering what we've been through. IMO, this team shows a lot of promise. I love these guys and I believe they deserve to win.

We faced both NFC powerhouses and should have beat them idiot.

Somebody please show me one team in NFL history that made the playoffs from a 5-7 record. If somebody can do that, I would appreciate it.

We don't even deserve to go to the playoffs. Any talk of the playoffs should not be in the Stadium forum.

Are you kidding me? You really believe that LA still has a game! After you spend the $3,200 how about spending some on a new prescription for your glasses.

Arrington made plays in 05 during the run to the playoffs. The Tampa game he intercepted a pass in Seattle he knocked Alexander out the game, maybe you need a prescription for short term memory :D

Somebody please show me one team in NFL history that made the playoffs from a 5-7 record. If somebody can do that, I would appreciate it.

Teams have made it going 9-7, but I don;t know if they won 4 straight to do it. Regardless of when the win, its what hte final record is, so being 5-7 is irrelevant if we finish 9-7 and make the playoffs.

Archived