Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Downloading Vids From YouTube

Grumpy Vet

Forgive me - I'm not the tech guy I once was....can someone tell me if it is possible to download a YouTube video from the web into a format I can save on my computer?

We have a larger than normal tailgate this weekend and I'd like to play all the ST vids through the DVD player during the tailgate. I'm thinking about taking a laptop and feeding that into the player....maybe looping a playlist of vids or something.....

Some people really did a nice job and I'd like to share them w/ other fans during the tailgate. Most of the fans around us don't know ES and would really be moved by the vids.

Thank you.

GV

Forgive me - I'm not the tech guy I once was....can someone tell me if it is possible to download a YouTube video from the web into a format I can save on my computer?

We have a larger than normal tailgate this weekend and I'd like to play all the ST vids through the DVD player during the tailgate. I'm thinking about taking a laptop and feeding that into the player....maybe looping a playlist of vids or something.....

Some people really did a nice job and I'd like to share them w/ other fans during the tailgate. Most of the fans around us don't know ES and would really be moved by the vids.

Thank you.

GV

Theres a program I use called ACA Capture Pro that allows you to drag a box over any video you display on your monitor and record it as wmv mpeg or quicktime file. I use it to put clips into powerpoint presentations - very useful.

You can download the free trial version and use it for 30 days I believe.

http://www.acasystems.com/en/screencapturepro/buynow.php

Theres a program I use called ACA Capture Pro that allows you to drag a box over any video you display on your monitor and record it as wmv mpeg or quicktime file. I use it to put clips into powerpoint presentations - very useful.

You can download the free trial version and use it for 30 days I believe.

http://www.acasystems.com/en/screencapturepro/download.htm

Thank you kindly.

I'll install tomorrow and see how it goes. We tailgate w/ a lot of folks that don't know "YouTube and ES". They will want and will need to see some of these vids. I think it will be cathartic and enjoyable at the same time. They would never see them otherwise.

Thanks again Tarhog.

Brian

http://www.acasystems.com/en/screencapturepro/download.htm

Thank you kindly.

I'll install tomorrow and see how it goes. We tailgate w/ a lot of folks that don't know "YouTube and ES". They will want and will need to see some of these vids. I think it will be cathartic and enjoyable at the same time. They would never see them otherwise.

Thanks again Tarhog.

Brian

It takes a little getting used to, but is fairly simple to use once you get it down. If you have any problems, you can always post the links to the videos you want here, and I'll do it for you and repost the completed files so you can right click and save them.

You can use a program called VDownloader. You get it at

www.vdownloader.es

This program doesn't have to be installed but it does need to be opened with

WinRar

You can get WinRar at

http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

I think I remember that you do need to install WinRar. This is a trial version. After so many days you will get a prompt to buy it. Just close the prompt and the program still works fine.

VDownloader opens from anywhere you put the program. I made a folder called Downloader in My Documents section.

When you double click on the Vdownloader file, WinRar will automatically open a section with three files.

ffpmeg.exe If you don't have VCL Player you may need to install this file to play the avi files with Windows Media Player.

pthreadGC2.dll I've never done anything with this file.

Vdownloader.exe Double click on this file to open the program

Go to the YouTube video that you want to download. Right click on the address in the URL section at the top of the page and click copy. Go back to Vdownloader and right click where you see Video URL, click paster and click Download. I save my videos in avi format.

I haven't used this program in a while so I downloaded the newest version. Just noticed there is now an option to save for IPod and PSP.

Just pm me if you have any problems.

It's also fairly easy if you use Mozilla Firefox, which is an internet browser similar to internet explorer but, in my opinion, much better. One of the reasons why I like Firefox over IE, is that FF supports the use of different add-ons or applications. Many of which are made specifically to download flash movies such as the ones on youtube. Make sure if you decide to use this method. That you also have a flash video player, which is also free on many websites.

Thank you all very much for your replies.

I'll definitely check out all these options when I return home from work this evening.

Perhaps if I can save enough - I'll just compile them in Adobe Premiere Pro and make one big file I can put on a DVD and just play it in the DVD player.

It looks like we might get rain for the tailgate - and I'd hate for the laptop to get dropped / wet or stolen.

I'll certainly apprise everyone of the results.

Thanks again.

GV

You can use a program called VDownloader. You get it at

www.vdownloader.es

This program doesn't have to be installed but it does need to be opened with

WinRar

You can get WinRar at

http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

I think I remember that you do need to install WinRar. This is a trial version. After so many days you will get a prompt to buy it. Just close the prompt and the program still works fine.

VDownloader opens from anywhere you put the program. I made a folder called Downloader in My Documents section.

When you double click on the Vdownloader file, WinRar will automatically open a section with three files.

ffpmeg.exe If you don't have VCL Player you may need to install this file to play the avi files with Windows Media Player.

pthreadGC2.dll I've never done anything with this file.

Vdownloader.exe Double click on this file to open the program

Go to the YouTube video that you want to download. Right click on the address in the URL section at the top of the page and click copy. Go back to Vdownloader and right click where you see Video URL, click paster and click Download. I save my videos in avi format.

I haven't used this program in a while so I downloaded the newest version. Just noticed there is now an option to save for IPod and PSP.

Just pm me if you have any problems.

I'm too dumb to run Tarhog's program - although I tried.

Your program is almost GV proof.

Thank you so very much.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived