Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RE: Sean Taylor's Death. A Memo to the Media

SeanTaylorthePunterSlayer

All of these reports and articles about Sean Taylor are becoming absurdly redundant. I guess the media is only writing about what they know. Ironically, it is what they, as well as myself, are ignorant of: Sean Taylor as a man. I wish someone like a former Miami teammate, another former/current Redskins, or someone from his family would write a personal testimony of the greatness of Sean Taylor as a person. The media keeps portraying him in the same light as Tank Johnson, Pac Man Jones and Michael Vick. Frankly, these are unfair comparisons as each person is different. Sean has grown since entering the league at 20 years of age from what his closest teammates, coaches, and family members have shared with us.

Sean Taylor was not allowed to hold a firearm after his altercation two years ago. He didn't even attempt to violate his parole by still possessing a gun in his home to protect his family and residence after they had been terrorized and burglarized little over a week ago. In my opinion, if he was such a hooligan, if Sean was engaging in shady acts, he probably would have sensed some sort of danger. Sean would have possessed something to protect his family and his home. That was not the case. He only had a knife (or machete according to some reports). He owned no guns. From what I have heard, after the Michael Vick controversy, Taylor got rid of his pit bulls. No menacing dogs to protect his residence. These deeds suggest that Sean wanted to live with a sound mind, a peaceful life.

He wasn't involved in any night club altercation. He was spending time with the women that he loved, his daughter and girlfriend of seven years. Sean Taylor’s death has affected hundreds of thousands of people, maybe even millions, who at least respected him as a man. I wish the handful of media would at least make an attempt to interview someone close to Sean, someone who knows him intimately. Then maybe they might be able to address Sean Taylor’s life more accurately. They could talk about the passion he lived life, and the passion he played football. Unfortunately, we are force fed speculative, prejudiced articles about how "We should have seen it coming," or "His lifestyle predicated his death." These articles make unfair conclusions about information that few are privileged to possess. Currently, these articles are erroneous, irrelevant and insensitive to his family at the very least. I urge you not to read them.

But if we look deeper into these reports, we see the true nature of these authors. They are writing about what was published, documented, and verified. That is why someone who can shine light upon Sean’s true and current life of should step forward and provide a more accurate account of a man who has matured from the man he was four years ago. I know his family, admirers, and his Redskins family, coaches, teammates and fans alike, will embrace the memories and passion he shared with us. Thank you, Sean, for making our lives a little better, one Sunday at a time. We will cherish your memory.

Sincerely,

Dwight.

All of these reports and articles about Sean Taylor are becoming absurdly redundant. I guess the media is only writing about what they know. Ironically, it is what they, as well as myself, are ignorant of: Sean Taylor as a man. I wish someone like a former Miami teammate, another former/current Redskins, or someone from his family would write a personal testimony of the greatness of Sean Taylor as a person. The media keeps portraying him in the same light as Tank Johnson, Pac Man Jones and Michael Vick. Frankly, these are unfair comparisons as each person is different. Sean has grown since entering the league at 20 years of age from what his closest teammates, coaches, and family members have shared with us

Journalists can only write about that they know.

As for painting him as a bad guy, you write about what you know. When Bill Clinton dies, will people exclude the Monica incident because it's in poor taste at the time of his passing?

Not to be a jerk, but I think the media is doing what it needs to do.

Sean Taylor was not allowed to hold a firearm after his altercation two years ago. He didn't even attempt to violate his parole by still possessing a gun in his home to protect his family and residence after they had been terrorized and burglarized little over a week ago. In my opinion, if he was such a hooligan, if Sean was engaging in shady acts, he probably would have sensed some sort of danger. Sean would have possessed something to protect his family and his home. That was not the case. He only had a knife (or machete according to some reports). He owned no guns. From what I have heard, after the Michael Vick controversy, Taylor got rid of his pit bulls. No menacing dogs to protect his residence. These deeds suggest that Sean wanted to live with a sound mind, a peaceful life.

He wasn't involved in any night club altercation. He was spending time with the women that he loved, his daughter and girlfriend of seven years. Sean Taylor’s death has affected hundreds of thousands of people, maybe even millions, who at least respected him as a man. I wish the handful of media would at least make an attempt to interview someone close to Sean, someone who knows him intimately. Then maybe they might be able to address Sean Taylor’s life more accurately. They could talk about the passion he lived life, and the passion he played football. Unfortunately, we are force fed speculative, prejudiced articles about how "We should have seen it coming," or "His lifestyle predicated his death." These articles make unfair conclusions about information that few are privileged to possess. Currently, these articles are erroneous, irrelevant and insensitive to his family at the very least. I urge you not to read them.

So true...No truer words have been stated so far than those.

Journalists can only write about that they know.

As for painting him as a bad guy, you write about what you know. When Bill Clinton dies, will people exclude the Monica incident because it's in poor taste at the time of his passing?

Not to be a jerk, but I think the media is doing what it needs to do.

They the journalist write what they want to write . If they wanted to know they could have easily researched the court documents of Sean's past problems and how he had turned his life around and matured over the past 2 yrs . Only Redskins fans know that though :(

They the journalist write what they want to write . If they wanted to know they could have easily researched the court documents of Sean's past problems and how he had turned his life around and matured over the past 2 yrs . Only Redskins fans know that though :(

And I wouldn't put UNDUE weight on that 'turning the life around.' And what I mean is, I have not heard that Sean Taylor was some kind of thug or punk, other than being an arrogant athlete.

Lots of people have a problem with Kellen Winslow for a similar reason (being arrogant) and perhaps he's matured.

But at no time would you say, "oh well, not a shock there. No surprise. Guess he had it coming to him."

Like Pedro Taylor said, "All these people are thinking that Sean was a bad guy. Sean didn't have enemies. Sean was an isolated person who kept to himself and tried to respect other people."

Even the guy who sued taylor said he said Sean said hello to him in the mall a few months back. Is it true? I don't know. But I'm not even willing to say that even the one who MIGHT have a motive is involved.

Archived