Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rams still have a chance of making the playoffs

DCSaints_fan

we are one game out of the final spot, and we hold a tie breaker over detroit and the cards, yet it gives us only an 8% chance of getting in?

I don't know, seems a little low to me.

Actually the Redskins total chance is 11%. 3% for the 5th wildcard spot and 8% for 6th spot. I think they assume every game is essentially a tossup (50/50 chance), though that hasn't really been the case this year with New England, Dallas, and Green Bay - who could all end up with 14+ wins this year. I think what hurts the Skins is the conference record and divisional tie breakers.

Win the last 5 games and the rest will take care of itself..

I think that of the 5-6 teams, if one of them wins out they will get in. I can't see Detroit finishing 5-1 and its possibly the Giants could repeat their annual late season tank.

Actually the Redskins total chance is 11%. 3% for the 5th wildcard spot and 8% for 6th spot. I think they assume every game is essentially a tossup (50/50 chance), though that hasn't really been the case this year with New England, Dallas, and Green Bay - who could all end up with 14+ wins this year. I think what hurts the Skins is the conference record and divisional tie breakers.

no, the 3% is included in the 8%. you don't add up the totals.

They have an 8% chance of getting the final spot, while of that 8%, only 3% of it is to make the 5th wild card spot

I think that of the 5-6 teams, if one of them wins out they will get in. I can't see Detroit finishing 5-1 and its possibly the Giants could repeat their annual late season tank.

Especially with that display Eli put on last week with 4 picks. haha. Plus there is reports that Plexico Buress (sp?) has some kind of knee injury now to go along with his ankle..

no, the 3% is included in the 8%. you don't add up the totals.

They have an 8% chance of getting the final spot, while of that 8%, only 3% of it is to make the 5th wild card spot

I don't think so - if you look at the " chance for no playoffs" its 89%. Since you either make the playoffs or you don't, that means that the chance of making the playoffs is 100% - the chance of not making the playoffs.

Archived