Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A dictators defense

Jagsbch

Ok I voted for Bush 1 as well, He got our electoral votes IN Florida but still lost thanks to Ross. And I mean it thanks Ross. Bill may have given away secrets to China, But they had their share of spies, and it was just a matter of time. it May have been an ingeneous politicle move, I didn't think so at the time, but thats the biggest beef I personally have with the guy, I mean if they where going to get it anyway.... His approach to foreign policy was not as bad as some people assume. Bill knew he wasn't perfect holy or selfrighteous. His approach to other leaders reflected a since of how are we going to get along in the world where there is no right or wrong but only opinion? His willingness to reach across the bargaining table with leaders he may have dispised to keep tensions from escalating to the boiling point that they are in now, is a testament to his legacy. His not on my watch approach is now being blamed for all the troubles we are dealing with now, but who is really to blame?

Bill made an agreement with N. K., but who let it the deal go down, to the point where N. K. is calling their hand???

In afganistan who left the country to fend for itself after we used it to curb communism from spreading through the middle east??? I think that Is one of the main reasons they attacked us, the spite of having been treated like a rag doll was more than they could bare so an Ben fed that hate... and then...

Who gave Iraq WMD anyway. I mean should we have to give all of our WMD up now because we are allowing them to fall in the wrong hands. I mean if they should give there's up...

I hate our better than though foreign policy...

How in the hell did we get into the pickle of paying ln early a 100 billion dollars to other countries so they can get involved in this war on top of the 379 billion we have set asside for the millitary in 2004 as well as the 318 set asside for domestic campaign. Where in the hell is all of this money coming from??????? what is the interest on this amount of money going to cost us in the long run... There seems to be no salary cap for a war we can't afford to loose, but in the same breath how can we win... there are too many worste case scenerios to even think of going in. the same worste case scenerios that keeps us out of N.K., China, Pakistan, Out of russia back in the day... Our lack of respect for a worste case scenerio may very well indeed come back and bite us in the ***

Whats to say Packistan wouldn't give Nukes to anyone, n.k., China, If we are going in for this reason...

Now the UN being insignificant. We can attack if they break the resolution but we won't stand down if the resolution to attack gets vetoed. Talk about horse$#!T.

No wonder the world is up at arms against this war. Some will argue that it is not, and that the world and nato supports it, but look at the price we paid and the route we took in nato to pull it off. Bribing, and blackmail does not count as support in my book.

Bush is hell bent on Taking Saddam out no matter what the cost. I fear that this campaign will cost more in the longrun than if Saddam were to stay in power and keep his WMD. He's had them for how long now and who has used them to attack us. We were more vulnerable to those weapons if they had fallen in the wrong hands then we are now and they didn't. Paronoia will destroy ya.

Alright let me have it.

Somebody please straighten me out and convince me that my views are completly idiotic.

worried about the money??? I know.....easy solution.....do what your foreign policy hero Clinton did....borrow from the social security fund!!!! completely off the books!!!!!!

I believe the standard complaint with Clinton was that he had no foreign policy....it gyrated from one hand-shake to another as you so felicitously put it ....occasionally punctuated with a pointless TLAM now and then........

Originally posted by fansince62

I believe the standard complaint with Clinton was that he had no foreign policy....it gyrated from one hand-shake to another as you so felicitously put it ....occasionally punctuated with a pointless TLAM now and then........

Like we have one now! LOL! Dubya has made a mess of every single area of foreign policy. We are presently in a position where we must fight a war against an enemy who knows we are coming because he doesn't know what to keep his mouth shut!

Originally posted by Kilmer17

If we wanted to assasinate him, we would have done so. There's an Executive Order forbidding it.

BUt if you dont think our CIA or military Snipers couldn't have pulled it off if we wanted to, then you are the one who is mistaken.

Do you think we should get rid of the executive order? I would be interested in your opinion. I don't think America should be in the assasination business.

No, I think it would open up a huge can of worms.

It would be the easiest thing to do, but the longterm affects would be bad.

That being said, I like Ari's statement that we wholly support someone within the Iraqi Govt taking him out. But I dont want it to be a US soldier that does it.

A few other points though.

1- If, in the course of battle, Saddam takes up arms himself (ie fires at US Soldiers), we are within our rights to fire back.

2- This Order applies to heads of state. OBL wouldn't qualify for this protection.

Archived