Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doom 3 Hardware Req???

Johnny Punani2

All kinds of rumors out there.... I've heard the same. Here's an lenghty interview with the man himself Carmack... he pretty much says what he's aiming for, video card wise, on the 1st or second page.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/august02/quakecon2002/carmack/index.shtml

The Xbox will be able to handle it...all of it..... but PS2 says Carmack, will not be able to handle the graphics without "sacrifices".

:cheers:

What kind of gaming rig are you going to need to run this puppy?

I would have to say a pretty darn fast one. A quote from Mr. Carmack to help answer that.

"I am hoping that the absolute top-of-the-line system available when the game ships will be capable of running it with all features enabled and anti-aliasing on at 60hz, but even the fastest cards of today are going to have to run at fairly low resolutions to get decent frame rates. Many will choose to drop a feature or two to get some speed back, but they still won't be able to get near 60hz."

http://www.brainkiller.it/doom3/doom3faq.html

:doh: :doh:

I'm gonna have to have a new mobo, processor, ram and vid card to make this game run at decent frame rates.

My current system specs are probably going to just barely meet minimum system requirements by the time the game is released later this year.

current machine

microstar kt7 turbo mobo (kt133a chipset)

tbird 1.46 ghz processor, 266 mhz fsb

GeForce 3 TI 200 - 64 meg video card

512 mb pc133 sdram memory

21" Trinitron monitor

win98 se

machine after upgrading this fall

asus kt400a or nforce2 mobo

barton 2.25 ghz processor, (400 mhz fsb?)

ati 9900 pro – 128 meg video card

512 mb ddr 400 memory

gonna keep using the Trinitron monitor

win98 se (ati may not support win98 at that point so winxp may be required:puke:)

Archived